VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Info On Testosterone Injections?

Rate this topic

I got off a phone appt. with my PCP about an hour ago.

I told her sometime back that I was spending all my time laying around in my bedclothes, weaker and fatter as it progressed and I had blood taken twice a few weeks apart.

The labs showed low testosterone and apparently I will soon be starting a regimen of an injection every 2 weeks.

Any info will be appreciated. I have read a few things online but really don't know what to expect.

I'm hoping to regain a little motivation to shower and put clothes on every day, not spend most of every day in bed, maybe tackle a few simple things I hoped I'd get around to when I retired 2 years ago.

100% P&T

70% PTSD! depression and anxiety

70% bilateral hearing loss

10% tinnitus

10% otitis externa

10% l. knee injury

10% l. knee degenerative osteoporosis

So, i have private Dr. that subscribed me for low t.. any mention to the VA Doctors and they say.. no no no we dun do dat...man.. i hope you get some help with that, it can be so much of a drag, i feel ya on that, i am fighting the VA so much with contentions, i am not surprised they pull a fast one on ya by saying no no no.. but never kwit.

This is being prescribed by my VA primary care physician so I'm past that hurdle.

Hoping I will resume exercising and actually benefit from it.

Testosterone is available in "patches", kind of like a band aid, or a gel you can apply to your skin, also. Im thinking your doc must think its excessively low to start you on injections.

My PCP said, "well, the way WE do it is...". It gave me the impression that in the opinion of herself and perhaps a group of people at this particular clinic only do it this way.

Thinking on it, it seems like a good way to weed out the ones who aren't serious about it or want the gel or patches to give or sell to weightlifters. If someone has a passing interest they are more likely to accept gel or patches than a needle, and the stuff only leaves the clinic in the patient.

Perhaps they start that way then make adjustments. I guess I'll see.

Last lab report shows my T at 2.1 compared to a normal range of 2.8 - 8.

This was a follow-up a week or two after I finished taking a supplement they prescribed for a vitamin D deficiency and the report lists "D25-OHC" as low at 28 against a normal of 30 - 100.

Just checked myhealthevet and it lists my new prescription as:

TESTOSTERONE CYP 200MG/ML IML IN OIL