VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing Nod

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Ok here I go and this may be lengthly, hope my spelling is ok.

WE got John's C&P report the other day, everything went good, actually better than I thought. The only thing that was not right was John's hearing.

Enlistment exam dated 02/25/66 indicated: normal hearing ( Remember he enlisted twice) this was his first enlistment exam. On 12/9/68 exam indicated normal hearing except for mild hearing loss in left ear, ( This was less than a month before he went to Viet Nam). His next hearing test was 6/18/70 just before his first discharge indicated normal hearing except for mild hearing loss in left and right ear.( Right after Viet Nam)

( He was in Viet Nam for 12 Months). His hearing has gotten worse through the years, with tinnitus,

dizziness and vertigo

Her medical opinion is ( Private medical records where not reviewed) No mention of tinnitus or hearing losss on discharge exam

( that's funny it states right on discharge papers that he has a hearing loss). Her opinion is : It is not caused by or a result of his military service.The discharge exam dated 10/2/72 indicated normal hearing except for mild haring losss, during the 34 years patient has had occupational and recreational noise exposure( reportedly all with hearing protetcion) these factors support the above opinion.

Ok here's the question(s)

Would John have a good arguement for NOD? and if so is there a special form to fill out?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ok here I go and this may be lengthly, hope my spelling is ok.

WE got John's C&P report the other day, everything went good, actually better than I thought. The only thing that was not right was John's hearing.

Enlistment exam dated 02/25/66 indicated: normal hearing ( Remember he enlisted twice) this was his first enlistment exam. On 12/9/68 exam indicated normal hearing except for mild hearing loss in left ear, ( This was less than a month before he went to Viet Nam). His next hearing test was 6/18/70 just before his first discharge indicated normal hearing except for mild hearing loss in left and right ear.( Right after Viet Nam)

( He was in Viet Nam for 12 Months). His hearing has gotten worse through the years, with tinnitus,

dizziness and vertigo

Her medical opinion is ( Private medical records where not reviewed) No mention of tinnitus or hearing losss on discharge exam

( that's funny it states right on discharge papers that he has a hearing loss). Her opinion is : It is not caused by or a result of his military service.The discharge exam dated 10/2/72 indicated normal hearing except for mild haring losss, during the 34 years patient has had occupational and recreational noise exposure( reportedly all with hearing protetcion) these factors support the above opinion.

Ok here's the question(s)

Would John have a good arguement for NOD? and if so is there a special form to fill out?

No.

You really can't file a NOD until a decision is reached but what you might consider is attaching the info you feel was missed and giving it to your VSO or VA without mentioning the C&P.

Steve

No.

You really can't file a NOD until a decision is reached but what you might consider is attaching the info you feel was missed and giving it to your VSO or VA without mentioning the C&P.

Steve

Let me clarify this

I mean after he gets a rating, I'm thinking because of what she wrote down that they will deny him for hearing loss and then the Menier's disease will be denied.

He has gone through all the testing for vertigo, therapy, and still has the falling down dizziness, also did and MRI and they can not come up with a reason for his vertigo.

• HadIt.com Elder

From your previous post, you stated your husband has lower back problems. Does he also have upper back problems (Cervical Spine or the neck)? Cervical spine problems such as protruding or herniated discs can also cause vertig and headaches. A lot of doctors will miss this, they'll examine the ears and so forth without finding anything when the patient has cervical spine abnormalities.

Vike 17

From your previous post, you stated your husband has lower back problems. Does he also have upper back problems (Cervical Spine or the neck)? Cervical spine problems such as protruding or herniated discs can also cause vertig and headaches. A lot of doctors will miss this, they'll examine the ears and so forth without finding anything when the patient has cervical spine abnormalities.

Vike 17

No just lower back, lumbar spine. No headaches, a lot of dizziness, sick to the stomache ( especially when our dog licks behind his ear ).

We filed for hearing loss, vertigo, tinninus and menier's

menier's because they ( independent Dr.) can not come up with why he has vertigo

In either case if he is denied( which I'm already preparing for ) we will file for NOD.

All she did was counter dic herself, and records clearly state that before discharge he had a hearing problem.