VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• [[Block banner-logo-2024 is throwing an error]]
  • donate-be-a-hero.png

Tampa Va Cost Patient

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://vawatchdog.org/old%20newsflashes%20...0-28-2006-3.htm

from above :

By PAUL DE LA GARZA, Times Staff Writer

TAMPA – One patient died at James A. Haley VA Medical Center because of an error during surgery and some surgeries were canceled because doctors didn’t show up, according to a report issued Thursday.

The findings also said the hospital’s operating room was closed twice because of fly infestations and that staff responded by installing “suspended electric flying insect traps.’’

In addition, the 31-page report by the Inspector General of the Department of Veterans Affairs raised questions about the legality of a contract for surgical services between the University of South Florida and Haley, the nation’s busiest VA hospital.

The VA OIG report is also at the Watchdog site.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I use the Tampa VAMC. I would not let those people do any surgery on me. They use the vets as lab rats and practice for the med school next door.

• HadIt.com Elder

I recently had angioplasty by a Doctor who has done thousands of them Since I was partially awake I know that there were some problems. I just cannot get a grip on having someone who is just learning do surgery that is delicate.

I think that Veterans should be able to get normal insurance and go to someone who is good at what they do. The VA is better than nothing but not by much in my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

Just go in for a nerve block at Tampa VAMC and your worries will be over. You drift off and wake up in the big PX in the sky.