VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused On Location

Rate this question

mademike1

Question

I have my first C & P appointment and am a little confused on the location. I want to make sure I go to right spot so I do not miss my appointment.

This is how my letter looks:

Dear XXX XXXXXXX

You have been scheduled for the following Compensation and/or Pension

Examination(s) at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran's Hospital, 800

Hospital Drive, Columbia Missouri (65201)

Edited

etc.

Now what is confusing me is it list Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran's Hospital and its location then it mentions the ABANES Clinic and other codes i do not understand. May seem silly to ask but I want to make sure. I could not find any info doing a google search on the ABANES Clinic. What I would assume is that this clinic is inside the Veterans Hospital at the 800 Hospital Drive, Columbia Missouri (65201) location but I learned a long time ago not to assume something. Any info?

Edited by mademike1

If there is no phone number to call then call the hospital and ask them about the clinic. That would be my suggestion. I would bet that it is at the hospital but always when it comes to C&Ps cover you but and check.

Thank you for the info. I had it and it was at the Columbia location. I am glad its over with and I am mentally exhausted and drained. I wont be leaving my room until my next doctors appointment on the 21st and will avoid even family until then. The doctor was very thorough and it lasted around two and a half hours. I was glad too explain everything and I gave info that I am normally afraid to share because I rather people not know what goes on inside my brain. I do not even tell family, but I knew I had to unload it all if I want help.

I will be going over everything I said for the next few weeks and talk to my doctor about the appointment in detail. Some of the info I shared has not been told to my normal doctor yet and will hope everything that was said will be shared with her. I think I need to clarify a few things, but since everything I said was 100% true then I am not that worried about them comparing notes. Overall I will still be extremely worried until the process is over with.

Told the truth to the best of abilities and can only hope they will consider all evidence.

I am also still very confused on ebenefits and the entire process.

Going to ebenefits I see I have

"Requested Documents are Past Due" and nothing has been requested of me that I know of.

I also see

INTENT TO FILE

and right below this I see:

We have not received an Intent to File from you. If you mailed your Intent to File, please allow time for delivery and check back in a few days.

I applied at a VSO office and have no paperwork so unsure what is needed. If I can email the VSO rep I will but I know I wont be able to call them or go to office for the next few weeks as I can't deal with people for awhile.