VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement To Service Connection For An Acquired Psychiatric

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know what the difference is in the meaning of the two.

When I filed for benefits, I filed for Anxiety and Depression.

For each of my two C&P's the Question has been posed.

Entitlement to service connection for an Acquired Chronic Psychiatric Disorder

The first C&P was more likely than not

The second C&P - not likely

The BVA has has ask this question of the two psychiatrist which held the 2nd C&P and wish a new opinion.

Entitlement to service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder, to include anxiety and depression.

Is there any difference if any in the different wording. Could the different wording offer a more positive opinion?

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Does anyone know what the difference is in the meaning of the two Questions???

When I filed for benefits, I claimed "Anxiety and Depression"

For each of my two C&P's the Question was posed,

"Entitlement to service connection for an Acquired Chronic Psychiatric Disorder"

The first C&P was "more likely than not";

The second C&P was "not likely".

The BVA has asked a slightly different question of the two psychiatrists (whom conducted the 2nd C&P Exam) and now want a new medical opinion,

"Entitlement to service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder, to include anxiety and depression"

Is there any difference if any in the different wording. Could the different wording offer a more positive opinion?

Thanks,

Josephine

The BVA is being more specific: they are asking for an opinion about your anxiety and depression. "Acquired psychiatric disorder" was vague and left some wiggle room for the examiners to focus on other issues, like Axis 11 issues. Hopefully, with the BVA's Question, the new C@P Exam will focus on your claimed issues! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings,

Thanks so much. You already know my story and will let you know, if I have them wiggling over that examination. The claims file is on their desk as of last week for a new opinion and to resolve the other issues.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope that you have a good outsidem medical opinion to support your claim. That will solve a lot of problems. Good Luck I have 100% for Anxiety and Depression.

Joisephine, I concurr with John and Pete, These guys know what they are talking about. The best way to contradict a MD is with another MD. 2 opinions that contradict each other can often put a claim in relative Equipose where the benefit of the doubt can kick in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Guys,

It is too late for the IMO, as the claims file is on the desk of the two crooked psychiatrist. When they changed all of my military records around to suit themselves, I contacted my military treating physician to explain all of his medical records for them. I sent all of his records to him and the records of the 2 military psychiatrist that he sent me to.

The Command, as they stated it, did not send me to them, nor was it for a discharge due to behavior problems. I was sent to them by Dr. C. My military doctor.

Dr. C. my military doctor, to whom I baby-sit for him and his wife, remembered me quite well and wrote the VA a two page letter, as to how things really transpired.

I have medical records of 41 years to back up everything that they changed. I have been to 3 psychiatrist in my time and have been with my Board Certified Internist for the last 29 years.

He has clarified his records of the last 29 years and wrote a letter than they were patently incorrect in their facts of me.

There are legal issues to resolve in this case, as well as transposing medical records and not following Va regulations.

The female psychiatrist authored the C&P and signed it, but the male Psychiartrist refused, thus making this an in-complete exam.

I will give them a chance to right their wrong and then I must go to The Department of Health Professions, as I will make every effort to secure their license for fraud.

I am hoping the two of them will reconcile their differences and give an honest opinion of what they are reading by order of the AMC and the remand of the BVA.

Thanks so much,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine