VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Bump If Any At All?

Rate this topic

I called my VSO about my latest decision I recieved last week. He proceeded to tell me he was asking the RO to reconsider their latest decision and raise the one rating of 30% to 60% for neurogenic bladder. However after talking to him more about that rating I told him that it should really be 100% for the bladder. The reason for that rating is because in September of 2014 I had a suprapubic cystotomy performed and under diagnostic code 7516 the rating should be 100%. He said he would ask them to reconsider this and get the rating changed to where it should be. I think he seemed like he never heard of that before but he agreed with me after looking it up himsself.

So here is what I have which I know I have posted numerous times on here but I will do it again. I am rated at M + 2K right now before this gets adjusted.

loss of use of right arm due to multiple sclerosis 70% Service Connected 01/16/2001

loss of use of both lower extremities due to multiple sclerosis 100% Service Connected 06/15/2007

Also have a K for loss of use right hand due to multiple sclerosis which goes back to 2003.

This is what I recieved after the last C&P:

neurogenic bowel due to multiple sclerosis
10% Service Connected 03/17/2014

left upper extremity weakness due to multiple sclerosis
30% Service Connected 03/17/2014

insomnia with hypersomnolence
30% Service Connected 03/17/2014

erectile dysfunction due to multiple sclerosis
0% Service Connected 03/17/2014

neurogenic bladder with urinary urgency due to multiple sclerosis
30% Service Connected 09/05/2014

They gave me an additional K for loss of use of creative organ due to multiple sclerosis

So the big question is if the 30% for neurogenic bladder gets changed to 60% where does that bump me? The next question is if the 30% goes to 100% where does that bump me? I think when I see my neurologist in June I will ask him if I actually have loss of use of bladder and bowel sphincter control. I would think so because I have the suprapubic catheter for the bladder and I need pills right now for bowel movements. Kind of sucks but so far just dealing with it. Any ideas on this would greatly be appreciated.

Jeff

"O" or R1 maybe, the R1 would allow me to afford to hire a nurse part time. Then my wife who is an awesome caregiver can get a break once in awhile and not have to worry about me while she is away for her break.

Jef, I don't know all the Special codes like You, Berta or Carlie. I focus so much on learning about the claims process, to help fellow Vets on here. I too hope to have a few codes added in the near future. You get everything you deserve bud. The Nurse would definitely help. My wife works a few hours a week at a Restaurant so she can get a break. The Caregiver support coordinator actually recommended she do that, so not to get burned out. Our families have a lot of crap to deal with that they did not as for. Good luck and God Bless!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you should get 100% for the neurogenic bladder!

jmo

..........Buck

Buck,

That would be my thought too, except I just have to hope this can get fixed now. I really am not looking forward to submitting a NOD on this matter.

Navy04,

I don't really know a lot of this except when I need to research the stuff pertaining to my current condition. Yes Asknod, Berta and Carlie are more up on this than me. My problem right now is being able to retain the information I learn on here. I hope you get what you deserve to! Good luck.