VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received New Rating

Rate this question

Jayco

Question

Just received a final evaluation from the VA. My disability rating went from 40% in 2012 to currently 70% after they received a missing medical questionnaire sent by my doctor.

About 10 months ago I filed a NOD for sleep apnea being a secondary condition due to diabetes. There is no mention of the NOD in this final evaluation. It simply states that sleep apnea is still denied. Does this mean the NOD has been decided or do they address the NOD separately?

In my preliminary evaluation where they established the 40% rating they had my hypertension as service connected due to diabetes. In the letter I just received establishing a 70 % rating they are saying that the hypertension approval was done in error and they are withdrawing it as being service connected. They will now not pay for any treatment related to hypertension. I have not researched hypertension, so not sure if what they have done is valid or not. Should I file a NOD?

Thanks for your help.

I asked this in a previous reply, but no response. I'm a little anxious to know, so please bare with me.

If I am rated at 75% and at that rating everything is covered whether it is service connected or not, should I be concerned that they are removing my hypertension as service connected? They specifically stated that they would not be covering cost of treatment. Seems to be a contradiction.

They stated that removing hypertension would not affect my compensation. Trying to figure out if I need to appeal. If compensation isn't changing and hypertension will be covered as NSC, doesn't sound like an appeal is necessary. But, maybe there is a gotcha in there someplace I'm not aware of.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd file NOD ask for a hearing!

jmo

............Buck

My VSO just informed me that since I am under the foreign medical program the 50% rule does not apply. I have to be living in the US for it to apply.

Jayco,

I was not aware you are outside US.

GP

50% disability covers everything within the VA healthcare system.

I would get an understanding of the hypertension reduction from the regional office.

If its not to my satisfaction, I would appeal the issue.

I'm wondering if I am getting all the documents I am supposed to be getting. My VSO is forwarding a VA requested medical opinion that they used to deny my NOD. (Just found out from my VSO they are denying.) You would think I would have received a copy. Also the recent decision letter was supposed to have a copy of the Rating Decision which is suppose to give details on how they arrived at their decision.. Was not enclosed. Any one else have that problem?