VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ab8 Letter Updated?

Rate this question

wysiwyg1965

Question

Hi Everyone, I've been a member for a while but don't have the experience to reply to folks questions.

With that being said, I would like to know if anyone else out there has ever had their claim go to Pending Dispatch on a Saturday and wanting to know If the AB8 letter gets updated immediately or now? If so, I am screwed again as it has not changed. Am I being too anxious? It's just been so many years and this is the first time for me to get this far and wanted some feedback as to when I should see a change on the AB8 letter before getting the official decision in the mail.

Any experienced advise would be very welcomed...thank you all very much!!

• HadIt.com Elder

E-Benefits and it's various parts have traditionally not been as accurate or up to date as you would expect.

In other-words, Information may be current, or not! The "official letter" is actually the one thing that supposedly is

to be relied on.

E Ben is just a tool, don't rely to heavily on it. Seems as of late there have been some major improvements but it is still a work in progress. The "Letters" section is good but I'm not sure how fast it gets updated. As Chuck said, go by what the Big Brown Award/Denial Envelope says when it eventually arives.

There is (1) faster means of determining if your claim has been awarded. Set your Direct Deposit Bank/CU account to Text & E-mail you of all transactions as they take place. Retro usually hits your account about a week before the Award letter arrives. Soooooooooooo, take a couple deep breaths and try to relax. You've done all you can do at this point, worrying and trying to get ahead of the Decision is usually an exercise in futility. But then again you have to do what your comfortable with.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I agree with the above that the "Letters", are not always up to date.

I have had four claims and when the claims showed "complete", then my letters always were updated and reflected the new award. I am sure this is not always true, but in my case that is what happened.

The other thing you can check, is when your claim shows "Complete", then check your medical records because your current "service connected rating" is reflected in your VA medical records.

All the best to you and your family!!

Greg

• Founder

I agree with everyone the retro will hit your bank probably but not always before you get the BBE (Big Brown Envelope/Sometimes White). E-Benefits status liking Pending Decision Review and Gathering Evidence can go back and forth. Checking the AB8 is a good idea, but like everyone says we don't know how often E-Benefits is update.

The waiting is excruciating, do what you can to keep your mind busy. If you feel compelled to check E-Benefits throughout the day go ahead and check it, sometimes to just keep my head screwed on tight I would have to call the 800 number often to check my status. No EBenefits back then. What you are feeling is normal most of us have been in your spot, so it may seem you are alone but we are all there with you.

Thank you Greg and Tbird with your responses!

The weird thing is now it shows back to VLJ after pending dispatch...weird!

03/12/2015 With VLJ BVA 03/23/2015 With VLJ BVA 04/11/2015 Pending Dispatch BVA 04/13/2015 With VLJ BVA