VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changed To Prep For Decision:

Rate this question

mademike1

Question

I checked Ebenefits and it just changed to Prep for Decision. I know it can still be kicked back to gather more info but do not think I have any more info to give.

The estimated completion date was 11/2015 to 5/2016 before and after update it changed to 05/2015 to 11/2015.

A little time-frame on my claim so far.

First Claim:

Entered December 2014

First C & P: 4/06/2015

Prep for Decision: 4/13/2015

When it changes I will update the above for the good or bad. It all depends on how my C & P went.

mademike1:

Same is happening to me now and my timeline is a little bit different than yours but not too much. I submitted 13 DBQ's and then had 4 regular C&P exams about 6 months later. I submitted a couple of FOIAs which later put my claims into a "holding pattern" until I cancelled them? I have been very concerned that all of my hand written SMRs did not get fully digitised, loaded and reviewed in VBMS? When the new ebenefits format for the website was posted, it said that my informal claim "intent to file" was missing? So, I sent copies of my "intent to file", Dependents Declaration and the 5103 waiver and finally got a change in status from "gathering evidence". The "intent to file" missing did not suprise me because, originally I used a VSO to help me with my claim but they were not much more help than an input device for my claim -and gave very little substantive advice. So, I cancelled their services (POA) and involvement and things seems to be moving faster right now. Just keep in mind that there's a real big push going on now to get the claims backlog down. Just remember that faster is not always better and we are going to find out fairly soon when some of these updated claims stats start hitting the street what kind of outcomes we can expect..Hopefully, we will see a surge in "success stories" at Hadit.com rather than complaints about having to do more NODs, CUE's. DRO Reviews and/or the dreaded Appeals Process that will take years? As I continue to say, I personnaly think that it's the "Luck of the Draw" in terms of who drives our claims to completion which has a major impact on the final outcomes of the ratings... Anyway...good luck to you and I hope you get the ratings that you deserve....

Edited by rootbeer22

Congrats on the movement. I filed in Nov 14, and my claim is at the Prep for Decision for the second time, this time it has been at this stage for 2 months. Good luck and keep us posted

Navy04:

Thanks..

I just hope that it gets done right the "first time" without having to go thru the "prep for decision" a couple of times? Frankly, I just hope that all of my evidence is considered...even the large amount of handwritten documents that I have in my SMRs? Overall, I'm concerned that this "big push or rush" may result in some problems with accuracy and completeness of the claims? That said, I know that other folks will look at my claim as well....so extra eyes..is usually a good thing in the end. However, it's not going to be the rater's supervisors best interests to slow anything down as "train flys down the proverbial track"? I'm expecting to see something with my claim just before the end of the FY 15...when there will be an extra "Push of the usual Push" to get claims out the door by the end of the Fiscal Year? I've been ewatching this for two years now and think this year's "push' to get claims done will be one of the biggest ever....on record.

Edited by rootbeer22

With 4 FDCs filed over the last 2 years, I think that I have submitted thousands of pages of documents, and to be honest the VA probably did not look at a portion of the Evidence. With every claim since I was retired in 2014, I have submitted every piece of evidence needed, yet RO ordered over 30 C&Ps. Really never know what is going on bud.

Navy04:

Obviously at 100% you must have done the right things to get where you are at 100%? For me, I'm just hoping that I don't have to go thru years of NODs, DRO Reviews and Appeals to get my ratings sraight? I have 22 contentions but turned in 13 good DBQ's which should help? So far, I've had 4 C&P's completed on this first FDC and it looks like I'm still on track with the FDC? I'd just like to know in terms of disability claims workload if it's more workload for a rater to either approve or deny a claim? I know to deny, they will argue/make the case a vet does not have the evidence and/or nexus to show the service connection? But to approve and establish a service connection, the rater would have to list all of the evidence-I think? But, I don't have enough claims experience at this point to fully understand what a rater does completely? I know VBMS now is suppossed to have more drop down menu's to make it easier to arrive at final ratings decisions? I also know that they make their ratings case, then someone else reviews it to ensure that they have considered eveything? But, interms of evidence, how would someone know that "all" of their evidence was ever reviewed? Im sure if a vets get ths outcome they desire in terms of a rating percentage, it would seem probable that all of the evidence was reviewed? I'm concerned beause a lot of my evidence are handwritten SMR's and they are not easy for raters to read and review? But like you said, you've had to provide evidence over and over again to ensure all of it gets reviewed at some point? I submitted the same evidence again with some of my CP but it was clear from the right ups that the Docs did not review all of the evidence that was provided? I figured at some point, if the CP Doc misses it that the secondary claims review would show that the evidence was there and had to at least be considered at the "final review".

My claim has been at pending decision approval, i had C&P's in March 2015.. strange thing.. is i just noticed new CnP's scheduled for May 2015.. my guess is that my claim is going back 3 spaces landing on chance, chance that VA will have another C n P shot to shoot down any positive comments on my prior one.... UGH... i swear VA has more games than milt and Bradley... So frustrated with this almost like they plan this, they know i am a single father and at the time they schedule the Exam is the time My child is waiting for me to pick him up.. and if i schedule.... Go to....j... don't past go,, don't collect any possible awards.