VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wait, Pending Decision Approval (Pad) To "prep For Notification" ?

Rate this question

fatheryabueloDE9

Question

First of all, I realize times vary on various factors. My FDC was filed in Florida in mid-2014.

Brief summary: My 1st-ever VA Disability claim for PTSD ((Vietnam 1968-69), both Combat & MST was filed in May, 2014. It began as a FDC. But in mid- Feb 2015 or 2 weeks before my C and P, a VA letter stated it is now a regular claim.

My C & P was in early March 2015. The VA's Psychologist said yes to having both types of PTSD; both are Service Connected.
His opinion language included "at least as likely as not (50% or greater... "" probability) .., and MOST LIKELY parts in his opinions.

About wait-time, I began using eBenefits 2 weeks ago. Since then, if not before, my Claim is listed as PAD. Hopefully the next step is forward,
to the Preparation for Notification.

EBenefits has an time frame of 04/05/2015 to 05/22/2015. I read the tag with it about wait could vary based on ...

Generally speaking, what is the average time lapse between a claim going from PAD to Prep for Notification?

Thanks for your feed back.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Should be within 4 weeks but hard to say. I filed my current claim in Nov 2014 and my claim has gone from Prep for Decision to Gathering of evidence, and now I have been at Prep for Decision for over 2 months. Good luck, God Bless and keep us posted.

These times vary so much. I filed last October and was done in December. Less than eighty days start to finish. I was shocked. I had a very strong claim and documentation was superb. One c and p is done. Your almost there. Keep watch on bank account