VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To John M's Wife

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I saw here that John gets SSd benefits-I didn't know that before-

are they for the same conditions he is claiming at the VA for service connection?

If they are does VA know of these records?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I saw here that John gets SSd benefits-I didn't know that before-

are they for the same conditions he is claiming at the VA for service connection?

If they are does VA know of these records?

John applied for SSD last Nov. for his back, The day before he had surgery ( 6 months later ) he got the news that they excepted him.

we filed claim for his back, and did let them know that he is recieving SSD, they got his records from social security, and after C&P the dr. wrote down at least as likely for his back, shoulder, pn, & diabetes. I thought for sure they would deny for back and that was the one that would be the hardest to prove, but instead the C & P hearing dr. deny sc for hearing which is on discharge papers, this I don't understand.

By the way when John filed for SSD, he had lost his job because he was off more than 12 wks, and at his age they probably thought he can not be retrainable. Nobody wants to hire someone with back problems, and John can not sit, stand, walk, bend, for any length of time. I do know that the Pain clinic that he was sent to said that this has been a problem for a long time, ( which it has) he suffered for years and finally the back said no more. Again, he fell off of two helicopters in Viet Nam while working on them.

Yes- this is great evidence- and I forgot he received SSD----

You are right that often back problems are very difficult to service connect but it sounds like his claim is certainly moving along well and you have very good evidence.

Actually it seems his claim is moving faster than what we usually see here. This is good and I hope you both don't have to wait much longer for a good decision.