VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Explain. Sounds Conflicting

Rate this question

smurf22

Question

Hello everyone. Im new here to the site, hope Im doing this right. But anyhow I got a decision on my claim in just 7 months and totally dont understand the results.

Rated Disabilities Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date dysthymia Not Service Connected post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, dysthymia, (38 USC Section 1702) Active Psychosis/GW Mental left knee condition Not Service Connected sleep apnea Not Service Connected intermittent explosive disorder Not Service Connected diabetes mellitus, type II Not Service Connected post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Not Service Connected

PTSD - Combat

bipolar disorder Not Service Connected right shoulder - rotator cuff condition Not Service Connected hypertension Not Service Connected

All these disabilities that I claim are backed by pages and pages in my STR/SMR. Almost like they didnt even review them. I also dont understand Active psychosis part either. Also nowhere in my claim was there any mention of Combat PTSD. Did they review my record or someone elses? Any and all insight and/or course of direction is highly appreciated. Thank you.

It sounds like everything was denied. Suggestion:

File a NOD, disputing all the issues where you have supporting evidence, and consider including a copy of your supporting evidence with your NOD. Send it Certified mail, return receipt requested.

Are you working? If not, you may be eligible for NSC pension in the mean time. Pension is about a thousand a month, much better than zero, and you can collect this while you are appealing which will likely take 1-4 years, probably closer to 4 years.

Go over the evidence list carefully.It sounds to me like they missed a lot.

Did they give you C & P exams on the disabilities you claimed?

Broncovet is right on the pension.

They should have made a statement as to why they did not grant a wartime pension (I assume you are a war time veteran)

Thanks for the responses. I am still working off and on. 4 months in past year and a half. They gave me a c&p for ptsd and knee condition only. I was in from 02/1995 to 11/2003. I am currently out of town. But I will definitely go through paperwork and decision pack and look for their explanation. I thought about using an attorney this time around is that a good idea or a waste of time and money..

thank you again..

• HadIt.com Elder

Using a good attorney - - -

The attorney gets paid only when there is a win at appeal.

Still, 20% of reto is of concern,

If the appeal is due to an obvious and significant VA "Goof",

an attorney may not be necessary.

Still, an attorney may see legal error that you do not.

If you were just denied at the RO, then you can appeal at the DRO level. You simply file a NOD, elect DRO review (or hearing if you want to attend) and wait. It will help if you resubmit favorable evidence as it sounds like they either lost it, put it in another Vets file, shredded it, or never read it. They do all these things like clockwork, and then expect their employee pay to be spot on, every friday. Go figure.

"All these disabilities that I claim are backed by pages and pages in my STR/SMR. Almost like they didnt even review them. "

It is a good idea to send them copies of the entries in your SMRS, highlighted.

"I also dont understand Active psychosis part either. "

Psychosis is a chronic presumptive condition.

Were you diagnosed inservice with any MF disability?

"Also nowhere in my claim was there any mention of Combat PTSD."

Do you mean nowhere in the decision?

Do you have a copy of the PTSD C & P exam results?

Did you stressor fall into the new 2010 PTSD regulations?

What VARO is this?

"Did they review my record or someone elses?"

That is a GOOD question! Maybe they did.review someone elses records .

Can you scan and post the decision here and the evidence list?

Cover C file # ,name, address prior to posting it.