VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completed--Backlog Now At Payment

Rate this question

oldnavypa

Question

Claim completed 31 March, no sign of movement on money. Called 800 (pronounced "aint-hurryn") number and told that claims processing as far decision has been increased but could be 2-3 months before any money moves. Anyone else having this issue?

It has barely been over 2 weeks bud. I know this process is driving you crazy, but it should be done in the next few weeks. Good luck!!!

Thanx for words of support. I spoke with Salt Lake City today and Rep stated "hey, you guys wanted faster claims completion, you got it", unfortunately that has shorted us in the finance realm--will likely be months--wish I could help more but no budget increase for financial arm of the VA. Wow, kinda a poke in the sore arm kinda response. I'll wait--what else can I do.

Are you retired? If so, there is a process that for DoD services includes a retired pay audit by DFAS. For those of us serviced by the Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center, PPC does ours. That's part of the potential delay as they work out CRDP or CRSC depending on your situation.

In my case, it takes between six and nine months to get the retro payment, maybe longer. I'm still waiting for one on a decision from September 2014.

Yes, I am retired Navy, 31+ years AD. I will be eligible for the CRDP. My audit was done in February according to notes in computer at SLC where BDD claims are done for Stations that fall under western sectors as MEPS divides the country. That is awful you are waiting that long. I guess they figure we dont need the money since we are getting "retirement" checks already. I know hundreds of veterans who retired from GM, UAW, US Steel etc.. that dont get "audited". They got thier backpay quickly. There seems to be an attitude at VA's about Military retirees getting benefits. One lady here in North Chicago told me "what are you worrying about, you already gettin a check"--yes it took years of therapy to not get her in a choke hold and throttle her accordingly. It seems as if as long as your retired from anywhere other than the Military than you are "more entitled" to get VA compensation. I was glad when the law changed for CRDP and CRSC. Other federal, state, and municipal employees have enjoyed full retirements as well as disability compensation for decades--the Military were the only ones being punished and refused both. I hope they do away with the 50% or better rule too. I feel all military retirees regardless of the percentage should get the additional compensation. Just my thoughts.

WoW...

Congradz,

What i have learned is that the more you call in a lot or call in to your poa, sometimes it has a negative impact or it slows things down. ( word of mouth is that it's there(the poa) pledge to work with the VA.. hint hint!!(i put a emphasis on this)

My message to you is, if you have that award letter, i am very happy for you and you better have printed it out or take a picture of it with a phone or camera.

Award letters can be easily accessed under ebenefits.

Wait for money vs. keeping your increase vs buggering it.

You can have it taken away from you,especially if its not P&T so patience is a virtue.

In my opinion, the money usually is faster than you can blink and at most times you see the money before you even know you have been awarded. I would keep quiet until months go by. I am in the same situation, i noticed they increased me as well, however no funds were deposited. I waited for the brown packet, which if you have yours already it's pretty solid indication and explains your payout.