VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Pending Decision Approval - Timeline - Recent Experience

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Anyone have recent experience with how long the Pending Approval Decision Phase is now taking? I know that are a lot of variables by location, # contentions, and complexities but it's clear that the "big push" to clear the claims backlog is on. Also, today I saw something said that claims prcessing accuracy is almost at an all time high?

Folks:

In the end, it took about 14 months to wrap up my initial FDC claim which was set at 80% (now at 90% last week with the addition of TBI), with about a 3 year retro which was very nice. The best thing I  did was about a total of 12 original DBQ's for various contentions that was fully completed before I ever turned in the claim. Conversely, the VSO that I selected did a poor job and I dropped her when I learned that she was mainly and intake person for claim? That was a good decision because it forced me to use Hadit.com that was later a godsend in the end. The advice that I received from Vets at Hadit.com and that I represented myself which I think made the difference in the outcome of my case? For the last few months, I was processing my last claims for heart disease, TBI, and right shoulder injuries. The first two were sc'd but later lowballed and the right shoulder was flatly denied. I argued about the ROM with the contract examiners and that's why I think it was denied in the end? If I could do it all over again, I would have claimed the TBI earlier. However, a couple of Vets said that the TBI claim would hold my main claim up for almost a year getting the proper series of examinations so I claimed that last. However, it was sc'd at 10% which I consider a good outcome and at least a solid start.

That all said, it's really important to learn absolutely everything one can about the VA disability process from folks that has succeeded in the process. Personally, I have little to no patience so for someone like me this can be grueling. But the experience taught me that most people involved with the disability claims processes are trying to do the best good job that they possibly can? As an example, when I did my Gulf War Exam, the examiner never made eye contact with me and only spent about 20-30 minutes with me for a 4 hour exam? However, in the final review when my original claim was completed,  I ended up having 5 of the 7 main symptoms for GWI anyway but it was not approved or sc'd for some reason during the GWI exam?  But, I figured  that  his mind was made up for denial  with me and others vets like  I/we   ever entered the exam room? However, I had other examiners that got it correctly the first time and that was good. One of the problems with my claim is that over half of my records are handwritten medical records and many are very hard to decipher which is not easy for anyone?  As a result, I think if they had been typed instead of handwritten that more of my contentions would have been approved, sc'd and given a higher %.

Overall, it came out well for my FDC claim and I realized that it's important to just, be proactive, keep working on presenting the best evidence and nexus that one can and just have faith that it will all work out with dedication and perseverance  

I'm new to the site and the whole process.  I filed my claim Oct. 2015 and had all my C&P exams finished by the middle of March 2016.  My claim went to Pending Decision approval once but was sent back for more evidence.  Today  the Ebenifits site showed it had gone to Pending Decision Approval, but there is a copy of a letter dated April 14, 2016 showing I will be rated 70% (doesn't tell breakdown) and the amount of money for each month.  I feel very lucky if all is going this fast but don't understand the decision notification letter when it still shows Pending Approval.   Can anyone explain or had this happen to their claim?  Thank you and good luck to everyone waiting and for your service as well.

BVA still pending decision approval after 2 months, had BVA appeal hearing March 2016. I have appeals that had no hearing dates, that were filed in 2009.