VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Cervical Comp Now I Have Issues

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Long story short...In May 2013 I had a cervical compensation pending but at my C/P exam in July 2013 I signed off to dismiss the claim due to the fact that I have had normal pap's for years....

History: 1990 I had cervical cancer while on AD - had surgery and since then I have been okay...

Today: I had an ultrasound last month due to pain in my tummy...Conclusion - I have cyst on ovaries and they need to be removed. I go in for surgery consult on Wednesday.

Is this something I should look into getting S/C?

Did I lose the opportunity by denying my claim in 2013?

Should I even worry about submitting a claim?

Please help!

Thanks,

Steph

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Request to reopen the claim in 2013,(keep your EED)

present evidence of 1990 on the AD...Request service connection with supporting evidence while in the military!

Get a new IMO or any evidence that favors your claim from VAMC if VA treated you!

Although you dismissed the claim in July 2013 and no NOD was filed you may need to re-file a claim???

other members can chime in

.....jmo

...................Buck

Should I wait until after my consult this week and surgery? My question is if the cyst are removed (which they will be removed) does this resolve the issue therefore not needing to open the claim?

If I re-open the 2013 claim how do I go about doing that? I denied moving forward with that particular claim during my C/P exam. Yes no NOD was filed for this contention b/c I did not pursue it.

I do have all medical records for the 1990 surgery...

Thanks

I pulled my records from 1990 and I had cervical issues which resulted in surgery at that time....I wish now I had not allowed the C/P examiner to dismiss my claim b/c after reading the VA disabilities rating chart I should at a minimum be 0% S/C for this....UGH

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask FOR RECONSIDERATION or file it as a new claim. you may want to wait until after your surgery.

being you did not file an NOD with the one year time limit.....This puts a stop on the things you could have did.

However I am not sure on this?

Ms Berta will have better information than I can give.

good Luck with your surgery!

....................Buck

If you dismissed the claim it should be documented. Submit for a reopen and write a statement describing what happened and your current conditions. Submit current medical records and whatever was your link to service. Most people would just order you the exam. Do you have any GW Service?