VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called The 800# Today I Think This Is Good News Your

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Hello Everybody,

Since I last recieved everyones excellant advice a few things have occured.

Just before we moved from our home 4 weeks ago, the VA sent my husband for his very first C&P in connection with his first claim ever filed with VA. At the end of the exam the NP who performed the exam said he should hear something in about 3 months.

2 weeks ago, when we arrived in Texas, my husband met with the TVC (Texas Vet commision Rep), who recommended that he have his filed transfered to the WACO RO so the rep could help keep an eye on the progress and because of future C&P exams, being ordered and California was to far to travel.

In general you folks here and my husband and I decided it was for the best to have the c-file transfered.

WELL, JUST WHEN YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING FIGURED OUT, today we called the 800# to see where we should send the VA form 21-4192 request for employment verificationrequested by the VARO in Oakland. We asked should we send it to Oakland or to WACO since we had just moved and had very recently requested the file be sent to our new area, in Texas. The person stated that the Oakland California RO had recieved the request to change RO's on the 18th of this month, but the Oakland RO had decided not to forward the file because it was at the rating board in Oakland and sending it to WACO might slow down the process. She said to send the VA form to OAKLAND and label it "c-file at the Rating Board."

I think this is good news but isn't it somewhat unsual to have only one C&P for a DMII claim with secondarys and also PTSD, hearing and tinnitus. I hope this is the real deal and not a smoke screen. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

Your comments please.

Thank you,

Jangrin :)

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I wouldn't take any chances. I would insure that you fax th eform to the Oakland, CA RO for inclusion to your claim at the rating board, typically referred to as their "triage section". I would also give a copy to your local rep. and ask them if they would be so gracious as to check occassionally for your record transfer.

I can see the RO's concern about transferring any of the records until a decision is made though. It's easy enough for them to lose pieces of paper due to the tremendous piles they deal with, let alone sending only a part of it ahead.

It does seem odd to do all of these C & P's at once. Usually there would be a seperate one for psychological and one for the hearing impairments.

Guest jangrin
I wouldn't take any chances. I would insure that you fax th eform to the Oakland, CA RO for inclusion to your claim at the rating board, typically referred to as their "triage section". I would also give a copy to your local rep. and ask them if they would be so gracious as to check occassionally for your record transfer.

I can see the RO's concern about transferring any of the records until a decision is made though. It's easy enough for them to lose pieces of paper due to the tremendous piles they deal with, let alone sending only a part of it ahead.

It does seem odd to do all of these C & P's at once. Usually there would be a seperate one for psychological and one for the hearing impairments.

Olenavygoat,

I agree with you. Most of the posts here at Hadit, seem to reflect a C&P for tinnitus & hearing, one for PTSD or mental and then one or more for any other claims for example the DMII and heart and PN. So when we got the request for the Work history it came as a VCAA letter with the one year time limit and the election box with signature page. Also, the VCAA letter stated that they had medical records and diagnostic records from Dr. Bash as well as my husband's PTSD VA doc diagnosis, also they stated that they had recieved his stressor letter and wife's statement.

It seems like they are proceeding with the information that they have. It sure doesn't seem like they plan on anymore C&P exams for now. I would have thought that they would have requested them before going to the rating board.

So far I have never recieved any information that was not true, up to now I have had no reasaon to doubt what they have told us over the phone, but time will surely tell.

Jangrin

Guest terrysturgis

Jangrin, I thought that your husband got approved for SSD. To get SSD you can not be working. My question to you is, does the VA know he won the SSD claim? Sounds like you are on the down hill side of your claims. Good luck! Terry Sturgis

Jangrin-it sounds good to me- especially that they acknowledged the evidence you sent-

Terry is right about the SSD too---often excellent evidence---

It also sounds to me like they are definitely considering him for TDIU.

Let's hope this won't take too long now for a proper decision.

Guest jangrin
Jangrin, I thought that your husband got approved for SSD. To get SSD you can not be working. My question to you is, does the VA know he won the SSD claim? Sounds like you are on the down hill side of your claims. Good luck! Terry Sturgis

Hi Terry,

We sure hope your right. This is such a long process. We took a copy of the award to the SO when my husband got his SSD and she was sending it in to the AL and the RO. But when we got the request for the employment history (the VCAA letter stated they wanted to know any updates from social security) Also, when they listed the evidence they had for diagnosis they did not list the reports from the SS doctors for the SS mental exam report and the SS physical exam report. We gave them to the SO because the last time we mailed something on our own she came unglued because she said she has a paperwork letter she needs to send in each time something new is submitted to the Cfile.

So I think I will send in copies again of the SSaward letter, the 2 reports from ss doctors, the employment history, and a final SIGNED VCAA letter, all to the rating board where the file is suppose to be.

Then we will pray alot and hope the initial service connection is made. Then we can start the apeals process if we have to. It will help just to have my husband SC for his DMII.

But right now this is the most positive thing we have heard in 9 months.

Jangrin

Guest jangrin
Jangrin-it sounds good to me- especially that they acknowledged the evidence you sent-

Terry is right about the SSD too---often excellent evidence---

It also sounds to me like they are definitely considering him for TDIU.

Let's hope this won't take too long now for a proper decision.

Berta,

It does seem like they are considering him for the TDIU. I must say that the advice you gave us about filing for TDIU right from the get go, was excellent. If we had waited to file the TDIU until the initial claim was decided it would be another 6 months to a year or longer for them to consider it. At least this way they will give him TDIU or not, but we can NOD it right away if they deny. But I think he will get it.

Berta, once again your insight to the claims process is unmatched. Thank you for the support. I think we are on the downhill side of this one.

Jangrin and Chuckles

Edited by jangrin