VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Can I Get A Copy Of My C&p Exams Done By Qtc In 2010?

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

Do I need to get them from my "C" file? Or does anyone know where else I can maybe go other than waiting a year for them from my "C" file?

Thanks

FYI - I went to Audie Murphy release of records and talked to them. They said that QTC C&P exam results won't be in my regular out patient visit record. However, I could get them by submitting VA 10-5345 along with the top page of the exam sheet they sent to me with the appointment on it. Wonder how long that will take. I may as well just request my entire C file.

Hello Inthewind....unfortunately you will not be able to obtain any copies from QTC or from VES (Veterans Evaluations Services) on your own. The only time you can obtain a copy READILY and EASILY is from a VAMC or VA clinic. The reason you cannot get a copy is because the Regional Office OWNS the report , because it was ordered by the Regional Office(RO). Just as Jbasser said.

However there is a way to get them but you will have to contact your Congressman and get them to send the report to them for you. I had to do that on my last QTC and it only took them one week to get me a copy from the QTC report. I am going to have to do it again for the VES exam last year.

The FOIA route is a waste of time. I still have not heard from them on my last one , from 4 years ago.

Yes,,,,if you can pull it off , you can try to go to your RO physically and show up and ask to see your cfile and get a copy , but each RO is different . Some ROs say you have to schedule a meeting and that will and does take time.

Lastly the only way I know how to get a copy of your exam ,,,,,, without Congressional help and I did this once and it paid off BIG TIME..........was to request another copy of your CFILE and pay the ROs copying fees.

Heres how they catch you on that one. You, the Veteran, are entitled to ask for a complete copy of your CFile. ONLY THE FIRST TIME. Free of charge. I had to pay nearly 300 dollars to get the updated Cfile to pay for copying at their rates, the second time . I had already used my once free copy no charge, but unfortunately it was before the QTC exam which was excellent in my favor. When I got it , I was lucky that the QTC report was there,,,,,,,,,though plastered with the "copy prohibited" clouds on the pages. Still it was better than nothing and I got my results. And it was GOLDEN as it was favorable to the point it opened the door to my first 40% cookie as Jbasser likes to call them.

Now when the Congressman gets involved and asks for the ROs to send your QTC or VES exams , rest assured they will not have the "copy prohibited" backplastered on the page. It will be a clean copy for you or who ever needs to use them.

So , you have 2 choices. Either ask for another Cfile and pay for it or go the Congressman route and get it free. The third choice I did not list because if you elect to go to your RO ,,,,and see if you can get it means a probable "NO" from your RO. Though it is a gamble on whether that will work.

Whatever way you choose , please remember that the Veteran remain diligent and above all to ......................NEVER GIVE UP...............C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

I have never requested or received any of my 3 C&P's two were QTC the other VA Psych. There is nothing uploaded on "myhealthevet". 

I was never aware that I could request a copy. I really want the C&P's but a copy of the entire claim form would be fantastic. How can I go about that? Thanks for any advice.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA can not keep a veteran from geting any of his medical Records C&P Exams included.

to get a copy of a C&P report from the VA  go to the FOI Desk at your VMC and sign the FOIA Request and request your dated C&P. Usually after 3 full days.

If the C&P was contracted out by QTC or VES  You will need to wait for a decision on your claim from this particular C&P then  you can request it from the VBA Office. (Veterans Benefit Administration) 

If they (VBA) tell you they can't get you a copy ask them to show you the federal regulations stating that they can't release these medical records to you.

All veterans can and  is eligible to receive any medical records the VA has on them. if they reject your request for any of your medical records   go check with the OIG Office  or call them and let them know  your VMC OR VBA refuses to give you a copy of your C&P Exam or any  of your medical records.