VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Can I Get A Copy Of My C&p Exams Done By Qtc In 2010?

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

Do I need to get them from my "C" file? Or does anyone know where else I can maybe go other than waiting a year for them from my "C" file?

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

or check this link out and download /copy pdf /& sign & hand carry this form  (10-5345a) to your VAMC. ROIF Office!

https://www.washingtondc.va.gov/patients/roi.asp

SOURCE: ''Dept of Veterans Affairs''

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not to sure its been a long time since I went to my RO and request to see my c-file.

you can do this and they will get your c-file if it is there at your RO they will usually bring it out to you and let you look through it  and if you see anything you need a copy of ask them to take it out and make you a copy  but they have to do this  you can't take anything out of your c-file...if your c-file is not there at your RO   then request a unable to contact form  that your c-file was not available at this time.

Remember all Medical records and some not all service records are kept in your c-file   your c-file is very important  so request it before you start your claim,   if you didn't then go to your RO and request to look at it.  its always good to call your RO ahead and get an make an appointment time to go to your R.O.

Once VA makes a decision, the QTCs can be released to the vet.

I think that is something vets should complaint to Sec Shulkin about.

In civil court that would never happen.We have no rights of discovery with the VA.

Any non VA C & P should be as available to a vet as a VAMC one. You got good advice above-I am assuming the claim is still open...???

PS, I got my husband's psyche records by just going to the local VAMC and seeing his shrink after he died. The VA employee shrink never kept records on veteran patients who worked there because he didn't trust the VA.Those 6 years of my husband;s therapy  had no paper trail but after a battle he got to their real PTSD shrink -the one I went to -who read my initial denial on accrued and gave me copies of of the results of 6 PTSD -Neuro tests to separate the 1151 stroke he had from the then 30% PTSD rating he had. 

The doctor also said he was sure the therapy and hypnosis stuff had to be in his Med rec file and was shocked to read the denial and see what they never used.

Thats OK-they also ignored the SSDI award I showed him for PTSD. He wrote to the RO immediately, sent him the results of the tests and also told them they had the same SSDI award I had shown him. The accrued award came fast after that.

I had not thought about my new tactic-GCY - and could have filed CUE on them right away. Under 38 CFR 4.6.

1997- I was still dealing with the FTCA matter for the other claim. All handwritten medical records ,even MRI results etc.I had won the FTCA but the VARO had also denied the 1151 again. I could have cued them oin that as well. They did award 1151 in early 1998.

The evidence was the settlement papers for wrongful death signed by the OGC and me---and they ignored that.I raised hell and then that award was in the mail.

Old VA med recs----they are like old SMRs...hard to decifer..

I had to decifer the shrink Test results, to make sure VA understood them.It was all handwritten in those days.as many VA med recs were. 1997

I cannot understand why vets have not protested the C & P situation when a non VA doc does the C & P. After a potential denial (due to the  & P exam) there is little time for anyone to get  an  IMO doc-if needed for the rebuttal, and that doc needs the C & P as well.

I was thrilled the last Posthumous C & P exam VA did was done at the local VAMC. I got it within a few days and I demolished it  and the BVA agreed with my lay medical assessment.

The Big Six responses to the new proposed BS is getting on the net. I will post those responses here if I have time. Same BS proposal like others in the past.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Back in 2015 I had a QTC C&P for a PTSD Claim.

After the exam 3 weeks I believe, I recieved an unofficial decision from the DAV my Rep VSO sent me.

as I waited for the Official decision I went to the VBA and request a copy of this QTC Exam  and the VBA Clerk made me a copy right then.

Maybe it was b/c they had made a decision on my claim IDK for sure.

but as for as I know we can't get a copy of  QTC C&P Exam until after a decision is made......its better to get it before a decision is made of course but either way it should not matter  you need to see this report  if you appeal the decision.

I never had to Appeal my decision  b/c it went in my favor.

I contacted the QTC# on the letter QTC sent me for the date and place/time for the Exam...it had a fax# to request for my travel pay  and I requested my travel pay via fax,  also it was then I ask for a copy of my Exam They confirmed my travel pay but stated I will need to check with the VA for my report  this is /b/c QTC sent the VA the Complete report and they don't have it.

Actually, this is an old post.

The way I was able to receive them was to request them via 10-5345a. All I had to do was specify the exam dates and that they were by QTC.

Good info though for those that have the same questions.

Thanks for all the responses!