VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Compensation And Pension Medical Consulting Services

Rate this question

Waynesworld

Question

No. I have not heard of them. I did look at this website, which sounds like the same company:

Website address removed

Glancing over this, it looks like their main forte is providing an IMO/IME if you do not have a nexus and your VA doc wont provide a favorable nexus statement.

There are times when an IMO/IME is very valuable, especially when:

1. You Va doc either wont opine, or opines unfavorably in regard to your nexus.

2. Your VA doc has given you a nexus, but you feel he did not list all your symptoms, or understated their severity.

3. Your VA doc will not/has not provided an applicable diagnosis. You wont get compensated unless you have these 3 things:

1. Current diagnosis

2. In service event or aggravation

3. Medical nexus between the two.

An IME/IMO could help with items number 1, or 3, above, but they cant provide an "in service event" this needs to be documented in your service records.

Edited by Tbird
Removed website address

I am 60% service connected disabled, I was contacted by this company by E-mail. They obviously knew I was a disabled veteran and they had my full name and phone number. They sent me to their website which described TDIU (I'm ashamed to admit I was unaware of this program). As I started to research TDIU, I discovered your website and this forum, I am not a trusting individual and they seem too good to be true. For their service there is no charge unless they can help me, their fees appear to be in line with law firms who help veterans. They are not a law firm, but it appears they are a good fit for my situation, (service connected disability has been established, Gulf war, retired Vet) I am currently in Vocational Rehabilitation, taking a large number of pain meds to finish my degree. I guess I just want to know if this company is reputable and if anyone else has used their services.

Many Vets are skeptical of the "non attorney" (Vets) practioner, that charges a similar fee as attorneys. Reason: Gee, if you want to get paid as a lawyer then get a law degree.

Many of us here at hadit are equally skeptical of VSO's for some very good reasons. VSO's are "free" in that they are paid by VA.

For me, what works is this:

1. If you are a newbie, first time filer, consider a VSO, but do not count on him to send in the paperwork he says, many have been caught hiding Vets claims in drawers just like Va employees do. If you are real good with computer searches and hadit, then you may not need a VSO, tho be ready for VA (and many Veterans) to try to convince you that they are necessary.

2. If you are "middle" ground, that is, you have some expertise, but need a little help, then you should consider an attorney if you lose at the BVA level, but you can appeal yourself up to the BVA.

3. Even "expert" published authors like ASKnod, however use attorney's to win difficult cases at the CAVC level or above.

I've been contacted by Vet Comp and Pen. I am currently 30% SC and they claim they can get me to 50% so I can get concurrent VA and Military Retired PAY (MRP). I was told over the phone that their fee was based upon the difference in the increase of rating times 4 months. However, once I started agreeing to their terms, I got to Supplemental Fees page. There are 8 situations that create supplemental fees of which only the first one applies to me. As a retired vet the fee will be 100% of my VA check for 4 months instead of just the increase. Since I will now be getting both VA disability and MRP this will be the first time since I retired that I will now net my full MRP since my former spouse gets a portion as well, (a violation of the US Constitution, which is a topic for another day.) This increase will be based upon a lifestyle impact claim. Vet Comp and Pen was listed with the BBB since April 2016 with no unfavorable comments. Does anyone one have any experience using this company?

No experience, but a big red flag.  You meet the criteria for rating(s), or you dont.  Yes, a lawyer can help when you get denied for bad reasons, but this is not what you suggested.  They suggest they have some sort of an "in" to getting your benefits awarded at VA.  

Two possibilities come to mind:

1.  They "really do" have an "in" and can "get you" benefits you could not get other wise.  Expect them to be reduced when someone figures out you dont deserve them.  Not good.

2.  They dont really have an "in" but just submit paperwork for you.  You can do that yourself, or through a VSO.  

Im from Missouri and this sounds like a "pension poacher" to me. Pension poachers are disreputable people who tell elderly Vets they can "get them a pension" for  fee.  Well, if you are eligible for pension, you dont need to pay anyone to get it, you just apply.