VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Compensation And Pension Medical Consulting Services

Rate this question

Waynesworld

Question

I am giving them a try. What do I have to lose? 

So far everything has been great. They filled out all the paperwork, and mailed it to me with a prepaid envelope. All I had to do was sign and date the papers, and put it in the mailbox. I'll keep you guys updated and let everyone know about my experience with these guys. 

Those Crooks have been calling me for a few months. IMHO Vets either have the Hard Medical Evidence to support their Claims or Not!!!!  No need to let these companies take advantage of Good Vets!!!

It's the process more than anything else. Nobody ever teaches the vet what they are qualified for. Nobody ever trains the vet how to apply for what. That's the way the VA prefers it, keeps us in the dark, similar to the USFSPA. Bet you didn't know DOD supports the ex-post facto law that has no federal oversight of taxpayer funds appropriated for defense purposes and allows some states to also redistribute VA disability compensation illegally.

<<Where did they get their call sheet from?>>> Where else? The same place the DAV, AmVets and the rest did. Within a month of my 100% rating in 2008, I got invites from a few to let them be my claimsmeisters. I just got this link from one of my members today and a little bit of research has opened up quite a bit of controversy. They're out of Gainesville, FL, not Arizona. I'm guessing they tied into a VA lawyer to hand it off to for another kickback. 

Now, re Broncovet's post (4/22/15), saying " Many Vets are skeptical of the "non attorney" (Vets) practioner[sic], that charges a similar fee as attorneys. Reason: Gee, if you want to get paid as a lawyer then get a law degree", I  strongly disagree. I know several Agents or "nonattorney practitioners" as we like to be called. Many of us have more knowledge than some attorneys with over 10 years of experience. I have yet to find one who can recite SMC chapter and verse from 38 CFR and cogently express all the myriad possibilities. EAJA fees, on the other hand,  are not based on the complexity of the case but being an attorney. An attorney can charge the lodestar based on an amalgam of all rates across the country which is a maximum of $187.50/hour. VA will not pay more than about $95.00/hr to a VA agent who prevails doing the exact same work. Similarly, we can charge up to 33% maximum if the case is very complex. I won't go over 20% which is the common rate because I have ethics. Most of what I make goes back into helping Vets because I am blessed and don't need the money. Broncovet and I have broken bread together several times and he knows my circumstances. We do it for Vets, not for our personal enrichment.

I'd be interested in any feedback from Hadit members on a successful outcome with these folks. They don't seem to be too terribly different from Dr. Bash or Dr. Ellis-just the new kids on the block. 

Gastone, I believe I know the company in Arizona you mentioned.  They are a husband/wife team,  called Valor Compensation Consulting. The wife is a prior c&p examiner.  She did an IMO for me,  and I think she did a great job. They are based out of Arizona.  I posted a copy of it in the IMO forum. Never heard of the other company,  out of Florida.