VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions For C & Ptsd

Rate this question

josef7070

Question

Finally, the Waco RO, after having spent hours writing the SECVA and others, gave me a C & P for May 6 and May 8th. I have strong medical evidence and a strong stressor ltr.

Can anyone let me know, if any wishes to chime in, what type of questions they will be asking? How long will it be? Stuff like that, I am diagnosed currently, so just curious?

Thank you all for your help in these last trying months and months.

josef7070

If all you mentioned is already in your C-File, it might get a cursory review by the DR. However, the PTSD C&P Psychiatrist or Psychologist, PhD is primarily going to form their DX of you based on your appearance, demeanor and answers to the questions they ask of you. Your initial VA, SC Rating will be based primarily on the C&P Dr's DBQ and evaluation of your realtime symptoms. You may or may not want to review the reasons for the VA changes regarding C&P PTSD Evaluations. The change to the DSM V is major. Five different Dr's could assign 5 different GAF scores for the same Vet during the same week.

I trust you have reviewed the VA PTSD DBQ, if not, get to it. How do you think you stack up rating wise when compared to 38 CFR 4?

Semper Fi

Gastone

I truly appreciate all of your information. It has been a long drawn out process. After two weeks of Congressional Inquiry and SECVA interfering and inquiring, the Waco Office advised me that the rater can rate me but, I have "potential for more money" from the liaison working with me after the Director was contacted the the above mentioned. I have very strong medical evidence and my VA Dr. connected my PTSD Anxiety and Depression with my stressor thoroughly last week. So, I feel confident but I also do not maintain any trust after pushing the RO to do what right. Where can I get a copy of the VA PTSD DBQ? It the change to the DMV V a positive or negative major change for or against veterans. I will look into the 38 CFR 4 today. I truly appreciate all of your help and keeping the tradition of camaraderie.

Thanks Gastone.

Josef7070

The number one question they usually ask is, "How are you?"

Dont blow it on this one! I dont recommend the proverbial "fine"....unless you are and you have been "fine" for years. Then you probably are not seeking compensation!

Instead, when he asks this question, I recommend:

Today was a lot better than last Tuesday. On Tuesday, I got arrested for domestic violence, after my wife and I had a fight and the cops were called.

In other words you tell the doc about your worst day, dont tell him you are "fine" if you just got up from night terrors and nearly attacked your wife.

Dont exaggerate, but do tell what happened on your worst day.

Just go in there and be honest. The Exam usually last up to a few hours. Don't go in there with fancy clothes or strong cologne. Just talk about your stressors and a recent bad day. Good luck and God Bless!!!