vlb-all-products.jpg

Get Every E-Book and Video with Member Discount Code HADIT2016

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

lcurle

Discrimination To Combat Arms Mos

Question

lcurle    20

The more I read this forum and talk to fellow veterans the more I find a common trend with the VA. Almost everyone who is a combat veteran or in a combat arms MOS seems to be getting low balled by the VA. I have read some people stories on a bunch of different sites where they were in non deployed units getting 80-100% rating when my fellow infantrymen and combat MOS are getting very little disabilities or they are getting denied completely for some strange reason even though there is a connection between their SMR and the current disability. I cannot put my finger on the issue at hand but just something that has been really bothering me lately.

19 answers to this question

Detel    28

I think there are many factors, which affect the outcome of one's case: how well documented one's ailments/conditions are, when it is filed, who at the VA is in charge of the case, etc. I know that there has been a lot of moving and shaking at the VA lately, in order to try and reach the hefty goal of eliminating the backlog by the end or the current fiscal year. I still think that it is too soon to know how accurately the VA is completing all of these claims. I know that a couple people have mentioned gathering statistics to try an gauge the accuracy as well as updated timelines for completion (rootbeer is one). I personally feel that the chance of the whole process going smoothly is like rolling a 20 (or more) sided die and it landing on your number. Just my thoughts.

V/r

Detel

lcurle    20

I know in my units it was discouraged to go to sick call and get on any type of profile. You are then alienated if this happens and turned into the company "shitbag". I have seen it happen to some good soldiers and it completely ruined their careers. Now once we get out some are branded by the VA as having it "too easy" or just someone looking for a hand out. I guess this is more of a rant posting than anything. I overheard a lady down in my VAMC telling someone she was only there to keep her 100% status so she doesnt have to find a job. She was in finance. Unsure how difficult that can be but I did admire her new phone and her conversation about buying a new car.

• Like 1

Chuck75    499

There are people that feel that they are owed a living and so forth.

A large difference exists between 100% compensation and lesser percentages, due to the numbers in the VA compensation table.

There is also such a thing as a "Wage Slave", barely eking out a living in an unpleasant marginal paying job.

That aside, if a person has "earned" a benefit, they are entitled to it. (You can get into did they really earn it, and so forth.)

I know of several individuals that are "on the Dole", and do such things as

obtain free clothing and food, then turn around and sell the items.

At one point, some years ago I was happy to retire early, and unhappy that the reason was that

Vietnam related medical problems came back to haunt me.

As far as the VA is concerned, there is nothing in any of my VA denials or awards that show that the VA even considered combat veteran status.

That will be an issue, along with others when a BVA hearing come around. Feet on ground proved, CR(CAR) MU(MUC) and NU(NUC) (under combat conditions).

Edited by Chuck75
  • Like 1

Chuck75    499

There is nothing like being on a ship loaded with hundreds of tons of ammunition, and having incoming morter rounds .

At a later date, the same ship was mined, with a loss of 22 total sailors and army troops.

Edited by Chuck75

mrsfootball    6

I am a 100% disabled vet that served from 69-71.i am not a combat vet or even sent out of the us.i was a prison guard at ft dix.there were 650 soldiers there nothing serious awol assult and stuff like that.the only thing that nobody really knows is a special barraks that housed 15 fags. we used this term because don't ask don't tell was around so I would assume there were gay mp with us. this barraks had men who were changing their sex.13 guys who used girl names sounded like girls and had silicon shots for there breasts.it was very uncomfortable having guys with breasts that were bigger than my gf.I always watched and saw the xpressions on the people who were there it was like a club house attitude just waiting for there time to go bye.i also went on patrol down to a section of the fort nobody went to called spd-special pross detatchement-these guys the army just wanted out.when I used to drive by the guys were on the stairs looking out windows.these were real hard core combat vets the xpressions on there faces I can only describe as the pictures you see of the holocolst the eyes the blank faces they were the same only no bars-fences-guards.i started to talk to some of them there eyes would lite up like something was turned on. the stories were almost unreal but could see it was the truth because others would chime in and say yes that happened to me.i think it was good for them to vent.i still remember the eyes.its always in the eyes.