VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Introduction Back To Hadit

Rate this question

Capt.Contaminate

Question

My this has been a long , tiresome road but with a lot of interesting turns and twist. Though I have been gone for several years, it is so good to be back. My commitment to our Veterans has not changed since I have been gone and if anything has increased and though gone for a while, I have been actively involved in working with Veterans, their dependents and their claims. Though a lot has befallen me over the last 3 years with my health heading south it has not deterred me from my love for helping our Veterans. I am going to be posting LOTS of research for our Archives. As many of you may know that the archives are our Veterans wealth of information here at Hadit and a key to propelling a Veterans Claims. Most of the research will be involved with Fort Greely , Alaska and Agent Orange and Nuclear Radiation and there will be more added. As many of you know Hadit's Jerrel Cook of the SVR show was also a past resident of Fort Greely. There is no mistake of his or mine exposure issues. Fort Greely is still one of the most contaminated places on the Earth , with a multibillion dollar cleanup bill. Nuclear , Agent Orange , Chemical Weapons, Asbestos, and a slew of other COCs. It is no mistake that many of us from Fort Greely are suffering from the exposure issues.

Since I have been gone , I successfully settled a very intense Medical Malpractice Claim (FTCA) SF95 against the US government and am appealing the Section 1151 claim that I also have filed. I am one of only about 400 veterans that successfully have won or settled the FTCA SF95 Malpractice road last year and the year before. I will try and post an informative section for that under Hadits FTCA, Section 1151 topics. Some of you will find this very intriguing and informative and it will be there to help others to watch the VA and their sometimes illegal treatments.

I am at presently service connected for Lungs under Diagnostic Codes 6604 and 6845 (COPD and Restrictive Lung Disease) and Ulcerative Colitus/IBD, and Tinnitus/hearing loss. Am awaiting a C and P exam for Heart and Sleep Apnea service connection. The VA has not yet awarded the SMC awards but will pursue that course on the fight

We are still battling the VA on other issues including Neurological , Peripheral Neuropathy(all 4 extremities) , Ischemic Heart Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction(2010) Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, CAD , Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, Renal Failure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Granulomas lungs, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Benign Tumor Nodule on Thyroid(Nuclear Exposure), Prostate Tumors, Stage 3 Carcinoma, Prostate Cancer, Aid and Attendance, Home Bound, Home Health Care(Nurses and Providers), VA Telehealth monitoring, Defibulator with Satellite monitoring, Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Pulmonary Hypertension, Cor Pulmonale, Edema in feet and hands, Dyspenia, Home Oxygen Therapy for life, Scooter/wheelchair with ramps at house , and lift for vehicle, Walker/Cane assistance.

Hopefully the new reports and some of my victories will be posted to help so many Veterans here at Hadit. This has been a long hard battle and one that could not have been won without the encouragement over the years from so many of our members here at Hadit.

I have been involved in the making of a documentary and am co producing it, that is growing leaps and bounds and will hopefully end up as a tool to inform , help and to guide our Veterans and our Nation in striving to take care of our Veterans , and our Service men and women.

Last, my story and trials and trails could not have gone down this path had not the Lord taken such a roll in guiding me and opening doors which I could not open. "Trust in the Lord, lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path". Proverbs 3: 5-7

If I could give any advice to any of our Veterans going down the trail of the VA and the claims process is simply down to this..................NEVER GIVE UP.................... it feels good to say that again here at Hadit. Thank you Tbird, jbasser , Jerrel. and so many others.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

5 answers to this question

Welcome back to Hadit. I look forward to your future posts, especially those regarding agent orange issues.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes welcome back to hadit we could use a lot of your information...

Thanks for returning.

......................Buck

You may or may not be aware of this information/site, but just in case here is a helpful link:

http://www.dtra.mil/Home/NuclearTestPersonnelReview.aspx

All VA claims pertaining to radiation exposure are handled by this committee/office. I hope that this will be helpful to you or others in a similar situation.

V/r

Detel

Hello Detel,,,,,,,thank you for the post and that link. Unfortunatelly that method is only for those involved in test thru 1962. Anything after that will almost always be sent to the Nucleogenic team at Jackson , Mississippi, like mine did back in 2007 or so. Unless the team has been moved nearly all Radiation claims have to go there as mine did. The RO sent my entire Cfile there for examination and I had nothing to do with it...only to wait for their decision. It was a total waste of time, almost as bad as FOIA. My exposure came later than 1962 so I would not qualify for the NTPR program listed above and did not according to the VARO and its guidelines. Thank you for trying to help. Blessings, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate