VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Ssd

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Well after 2 1/2 years of waiting i was finally granted a favorable from the AJ... after reading it close i am amazed seems i barley won , to my advantage i had according to the AJ 4 doctors one va and 3 others all saying the same thing i should be granted , and on the other side i have one doctor i never met who works for SS and he said i should not receive SSD based on my application and a pain survey they sent me.. NO exam verses 6 years and 4 doctors and it was a close call????????????? Well i did see the AJ suggested i be re-examed in one year i notice from everyone else this is a very short time period anyone have any insight on what will happen will i get a exam or a letter to fill out? If i will be getting an exam i have to line up lots of doctors to counter their one expert...

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Robert,

Congradulations...............As far as a 1 year exam goes its a crap shoot, but I think you will be OK from here on out.

2 1/2 years .....good back payment, also auto medicare since it will be over your 2 year wait period.......TAKE IT.

• HadIt.com Elder

Take the medicare, it is well worth it.......but that is my feelings as I will not go to the VA unless forced to do so, and medical I get fron private docs are sent to the VA for my C-file.

I also have BC/BS but it is secondary to medicare, either way there has never been a co-pay.

Guest Dataman

Robert;

Take Part B. If your retired military you don't have a choice. It's mandatory for TFL to cover you.

Don't let the VA kill you one night when you really sick.

As far as review. I just did mine. It was form with some q's. They just sent ltr saying I am good to go and will not contact my Dr's. Like anything has gotton better with age.

Go enjoy life! Keep seeing your Dr. Get some pain drugs (if pain). Keep busy.

Don't you love those ALJ Hearings.

I would take A & B but not D as long as you have other medical insurance for prescribtion drugs.

With A & B at least if something comes up that you can not get to the VA hospital, you would be covered under medicare.