VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nuclear Radiation At Fort Greely Alaska Army Sm-1A Reactor

Rate this question

Capt.Contaminate

Question

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/726323.pdf

http://fgacleanup.info/Administrative%20Record/AR005_sm1a_radiation_study_fga_0773.pdf

http://fgacleanup.info/Administrative%20Record/AR231_SM1A_2013_EnvRpt_Final_Redacted.pdf

Hello All,

First , many of our Veterans do not know that the SM1-a reactor which was a major problem with nuclear radiation not just in the Jarvis creek dumping of radioactive waste during the late 60s but also thru 1972 , but also in the injection well fiascos that contaminated the well water for many miles around Fort Greely. The Army SM 1-a portable , prototype reactor was a one of a kind and was the heart of a feasibility study to decide if a portable reactor would be suitable under battlefield conditions. Remember that Fort Greely was and still is the largest Military TEST facility in the world at 657,000 acres. Not just Chemical and Biological weapons during Project 112 but also Nuclear testing.

There are 3 new reports that I have researched and posted above for our Veterans community to see

Especially of concern is on page 4 of the first report showing the fallout circle of particulates surrounding the reactor.

Anyone that was stationed at Fort Greely from 1970 to 1973 was directly exposed to radiation and quite possibly as early as 1964. And certainly those troops that have been there from 1964 till present. Remember that radiation half lifes are generational.

It is of particular concern that Nuclear Radiation directly attacks the Thyroid tumor on humans. It is of no surprise that I have a Tumor on my Thyroid found during Nuclear CT lung scans in 2013. And that thru painful needle Biopsies , that has been diagnosed as benign but still is not suppose to be there. It is also worthy to note that one cannot just lull himself to sleep with thoughts of because a tumor on the Thyroid is benign , they can become active at any time and have to be monitored or sonogramed every year. It is also noteworthy that I have also been diagnosed with Nuclear Radiation and have 2 specific health issues linked to it. Nuclear Radiation also causes an assortment of cancers and anyone who was stationed at Fort Greely, Alaska needs to be especially attentive of their health functions.

This report is very important to discuss the fact that Nuclear Radiation did occur at Fort Greely , Alaska and no one is safe from the fallout of radiation from the Reactor , which , by the way is did occur and the subsequent cleaning and removal of contaminated soils from Jarvis Creek in 2010.

I was diagnosed with Nuclear Radiation in 2007 and 2008 and my C file was sent to the Radionuclearginic teams in Jackson , Mississippi to research if I had radiation exposure and of course , being part of VA , they determined I had no RAD card readings. Which of course is absurd as no one had any rad card readings. Smoke and mirros , yes indeed.

More reports to follow . Still trying to post pictures and such and will when I can figure this out on how to . As always every veteran needs to have the stance of .........................NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet