VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Get Smc S

Rate this question

DD0351

Question

I got TDIU recently also ch 35 and champ va but I don't know if I qualify for anything I'm a noob to this, I want to put in for more claims that I have but I don't want any unwanted attention but do I qualify for smc?

SSDI

TDIU no future exams

70% PTSD

10% bilateral foot

0% ecemza

0% bilateral shoulder

Currently looking to file for lower back for 3 Dengerative disc, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, both knees, tinnitus which was denied as an infantrymen

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I doubt it too, you need to have a 60% rating above the 100% (in most cases)...but there are previsions if your bedridden from your SC Disability's.?

if you have a 80%combine rating but getting paid at the 100% rate with the TDIU.

That's not enough % to be eligible for SMC's (AsI understand it)

jmo

...................Buck

Congrats on the 100% IU, and I agree with the statements above. As you can see from all of my Issues, yet I am temporary, and with this current FDC which is In the Prep for Decision, I should have 5 or more SC conditions added. I submitted an FDC in Nov 14, which SC will be granted, but the Dang VA decided to Review all of my high %s in Feb 15, even though they were not up for Review until Feb 16. So be careful with rocking the boat, on the other hand you do what is right for you. God Bless!!!

There are 2 ways to get housebound:

1. Housebound "in fact". This means your doctor provides medical evidence you are substantially confined to the premises.

2. "100 plus and additional 60 percent. It is unclear if your ptsd will add to your IU to meet this criteria.

Right now it appears you need an additional 60 percent OR housebound in fact to meet the criteria. You should consider having a lawyer review your cfile and see what he thinks, since I did not review your file.

Congrats on the 100% IU, and I agree with the statements above. As you can see from all of my Issues, yet I am temporary, and with this current FDC which is In the Prep for Decision, I should have 5 or more SC conditions added. I submitted an FDC in Nov 14, which SC will be granted, but the Dang VA decided to Review all of my high %s in Feb 15, even though they were not up for Review until Feb 16. So be careful with rocking the boat, on the other hand you do what is right for you. God Bless!!!

Should I put in for my other cliams to try increase my rating or should I just leave it how it is, becuz mine is consider total disabled and permanent and I don't want any unwanted attention

I should get tinnitus I was a grunt, I have 3 bad disc in my back, bad shoulders from vechile accidents overseas, and bad knees from being a gunner also, and the guy a the DAV advised to apply for cfs and ibs and fibromyalgia but idk bout that

Edited by DD0351

You are gonna have to make that choice. Most of us agree that this "unwanted attention" you are referring to suggests a proposed reduction, and pr's occur independently whether you apply for an increase or not. If the VA can reduce you, they likely will, regardless of whether you seek an increase or not. In other words, favorable evidence wins claims and the wrong evidence takes benefits away. Applying for an increase does not take the benefits you have away, regardless of what a lazy VSO may tell you.

There is a "school of thought" that, if you do think the

VA can reduce, then put your claim where the RO cant find it...at the BVA awaiting its 4 year turn for an appeal.

Edited by broncovet