VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recieved Email Back From "bob"

Rate this topic

I sent an email the 21st of April to the Under Secretary Ms. Hickey and the same email to the VA Secretary. Today I recieved an email back from "Bob" saying he has forwarded my inquiry to VA leadership for review and direct feedback to me. That is probably just a generic response so I will see how that goes. Still have not recieved an email back from Ms. Hickey as of yet.

So I am still getting my NOD together to send out so I do not miss that 1 year deadline. It sure would be nice if my issue got solved before I have to go down the appeal road.

Jeff

Edited by jefmil50

jefmil50

Yes,,,you've got to figure that Ms Hickey an him are getting flooded with emails right now and the flood started about 6 or 7 months ago with no let up? I figured that at some point that their staff would slow down working the emails because there are so many of them. However, I hope you get your's answered to your satisfaction? I guess it was nice that they at least helped Vets and have a sense now of what's going on with the entire disability system and the big picture of why they are going direct emails from Vets? ..and hopefully you'll check your email in a couple of days to get what you deserve.....Good Luck and God Bless to you and yours....

Why on earth would you send a request to both McDonald and Hickey? I hope you didn't expect both of them to start developing your claim simultaneously. That would be counterproductive and hamburger it up worse. What, exactly did you ask them to do if you have not filed your NOD yet? There is an orderly progress to this and it takes time as most know. I fail to see how they can exert much command influence on such a fluid situation.

This is confusing. The idea of contacting the Big guy/gal should be for major snafus, say after an 18-22 month wait with no SOC issued. Remember, this is a valuable avenue for rescuing claims that have gone off track. If everyone writes in to chat and ask how come they're not getting a rapid de novo review following a submission of new evidence, the back channel will be terminated. So far, I've seen a 20% success rate in sorting out major screwups. The rest have been a) ignored; b) rapidly issued a SOC or SSOC continuing the denial by pissed of raters who do not appreciate Vets going behind their back for special treatment; and c) had their claims adjudicated more rapidly to a denial. I've seen 3 grants of TDIU which were over 18 months old. I've seen a ton of dependency claims granted but they require little if any development. Mostly, a lot of flag and burial comp. requests for the widows whose husbands died waiting for their claims at Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore and Waco/Houston area.

Remember how this works. The Bob's staff wonks get your gripe and call up the BVA. The BVA assigns a staff attorney to listen to your plaint. If it's valid, they call up your local RO and ask to talk to the guy who's holding your c-file. He gets called in and asked what the delay is. Considering he's up to his ass in claims alligators, just imagine how he feels having to drop everything just to "fix your wagon". Fix it he shall but you may not like the repair order. Save this life raft for when you need it the most. Trust me, you'll know when that time comes- usually about 3 or 4 years into it with no progress.

You'll only get to pop smoke one time for the gunships and the dustoff. Use it wisely.

Actually I have been dealing with this claim for over 2 years. Like many others here at Hadit, I just did not feel like waiting any longer. We at least have someone at the top to maybe help us now. I respect everything you always say, and thanks.

I know I only needed to email just one of them. Just figured hopefully one of the two would respond back. I was trying to avoid having to file a NOD and tie up this system for something that was plain as day. I filed a 526EZ for my suprapubic cystotomy that was suppose to be addressed during my last C&P exam. That issue was in the report by the examiner but never was rated. I asked for help to solve this, I still have the NOD just have not mailed it yet.

Two years is an eternity in a claim. I know. To put it in perspective, it took me 22 years and my (2nd) Travel board hearing is the day after tomorrow with Judge Vito Clemente @ 1030 hrs. Bob Walsh is flying in for the show. I popped smoke in September 2014 and got the SSOC wave off from Bob/Seattle until I filed my Writ in January. In 45 days, the VA turned around full circle and did everything except grant my ILP greenhouse and a full 100% schedular on the Porphyria Cutanea Tarda. I didn't expect them to chieu hoi on $60 K worth of gardening gear. I sure didn't expect a Travel board hearing for another 2 1/2 years either. Gotta love that Rule 900 (c ). I will soon be mailing Allison Hickey a lovely thank you letter and some Sheri's Berries (chocolate strawberries are rumored to be her favorite) for clearing all this up after such a prolonged delay.

a

Edited by asknod