VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Florida Tax Benefits For 100% T&p Disabled

Florida is pretty generous in their benefits to veterans, especially those with 100% total and permanent status. No taxes on your homesteaded property for 100%. Free DAV License tag. Rated 10%, you get a $5,000 property tax exemption. If over 65, you get whatever percentage rating you have as a tax exemption. You do not pay for notary fees, any permitting fees,occupational fees, etc. Check their benefits out today.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a booklet put out by the florida department of veterans affairs which outlines all the different benefits. it can be found online at their website (which i don't have handy) or picked up at an county veterans service office.

Free fishing license and free state park passes.

i got a free freshwater and saltwater fishing plus hunting license. its good for 5 years.

• 1 year later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I was able to use my DD214 to help get "Concealed Weapons Carry Permit"  .   It was so damn easy and relatively cheap I would advise all Florida vets to get a Carry Permit before the state comes to their senses  and makes it much harder.  I made an appointment at one of the stations you can use to have the whole process done in less than an hour.  It cost me $102 for a seven year permit.  This also means no 3 day waiting period of me now. Plus it is not just for carrying a pistol.  You can carry knives, stun guns, bras knuckles, billy club or anything short of an atomic bomb.  In Florida there is a ongoing legal debate about how you can carry a knife or gun on your person or in your car.  Once you get the permit to carry that is all pretty mute.  You just got to be careful to hand your carry permit with your license to a cop if he stops you before you tell him you have a gun on your person or under the seat or any place else in your car.  The cops here the word  "gun" and you are liable to get shot.  it is much easier now to get a carry permit than to get medical care in Florida.

Also, your dependents (if you lived in Florida for at least a year before being rated 100%PT, I believe) receive  4 years of in state tuition at any public university.  That can be used out of state or at private colleges as well but they will only pay what it would cost to attend an in state on average university.  I have 2 children using this and their Chapter 35 benefits to help them graduate completely debt free!!