VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Hacked?

Rate this question

lueharbin

Question

I did not get paid on May 1 because my direct deposit had been fraudlently changed on ebenefits. Has this happened to anyone else and how long before the VA fraud department authorized the money back to your correct account? Customer service at VA says it could be at least a month before I even hear from them. This is unacceptable!!

• HadIt.com Elder

'my direct deposit had been fraudulently changed on e benefits"

I'm really sorry to hear that!

Do you have any idea how your E-Bennie's account was compromised, or was it a VA employee making an incorrect entry?

The E-Bennie's log in is fairly secure as such things go. Do you know who or where the deposit was sent to?

(That can show more than you might think.)

Depending on the exact circumstances, you may need to be concerned with what is on the computer you used.

lueharbin

Are you sure about the "hacking" of ebenefits or maybe it was just an error with VA whihc is very likely to happen at times...?

Either way, I'm sorry that you are having to go thru the hassles to deal with this issue...

I'm sorry to hear that - missing a payday would hurt most of us.

i'd hold your bank's feet to the fire to give you all info on who did this ASAP as well as submit an IRIS inquiry telling the VA you need all info from their end ASAP as well.

Choose Ask A Question here: https://iris.custhelp.com/

Keep us posted!

• HadIt.com Elder

This Is just ''one'' of my reasons I don't use ebenefit's!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

The password on my ebenefit account was changed. When I got in it showed my direct deposit was going to The Bancorp.com. I never heard of them. The VA sent my check to that bank. They are investigating. I have no idea when or if I will get my money back. I have locked my ebenefit account. I doubt I will ever use it again. I also don't know if it has happened to anyone else.