VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im 100% Service Connected....

Rate this topic

Archer

Alright interesting quesiton since some of you may know the answer.

150k for the house I am looking to buy

Interest rate is at 3.75 with a buy down option to go to 3.25%

UH however I am sure that is if I had perfect credit score I do not, my credit score is around 660.

So I have no clue what interest rate or buy down I will be quoted just got that off the banks site

If I have an interest rate though at 3.75

In Georgia with 100% service connection you dont have to pay a homestead tax does that apply for a single family unit on .5 acres?
What would be my monthly payment plan?? Im so nervous cause I just got the coe and want to go with either usaa or wellsfargo

I was going throgh wells fargo with an fha but now I can drop the fha thank the heavens

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally the homestead exemption will apply, on 1/2 acre. I have twice that, and in my Georgia county, the real estate tax after the exemption on my residence (with a similar valuation) is 0.

This saves over 1k a year in tax.

I'd certainly do everything I could to get the credit score into at least the mid 700's. With a better credit score, you may find that there are lower cost alternatives

to the VA loan program.

As to the possible monthly payment - - -

I'd guess (a wag) between 600 and 1,500 depending on a lot of variables.

Thanks Chuck and thanks Rick.

God I am so happy.

I have fought the va for the CoE longer than I fought them over the Service Connection.

• HadIt.com Elder

The COE bit was something I had to go through hoops for. At one time, it was printed on the back of an honorable discharge, or DD214 (don't remember)

Mine did not have it, so I had to use the then current process. It wasn't difficult when the VA documentation showing service connection and disabilitiy

was in place. If you also file for life insurace coverage, you should submit the "waver" that allows the first 10k of coverage premiums to be waved.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use