VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

It Doesnt Get Any Better Than This (edited Continouslly)

betrayed

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

14 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I figured out how to copy and past the scans into word so I could read them. Actually your situation was rather mild compared to other hospital encounters I have heard about. I am sure you were really angry. Have you done any anger management. Going into the bathroom is the type of thing they would teach you in anger management. Walk away from the person who is making you angry. I hope they can see that walking into the bathroom was actually a constructive solution and do not focus on a little nosie of carts hitting each other.

HI FL,

Man you've been having a rough go of things lately. With all these chest pains is VA providing you some Nitro ?? It comes in pills, patch or spray. The little pills become powdery and are not very effective within about 90 days of first being opened, so if you get these don't open the bottle until you need them -- keep fresh ones. Now on to this doctor (?????). He's been providing your treatment for a year and then just out of nowhere treats you like your a non-person,

what's up with that ??? Maybe visit your PCP and get changed to a different doc.

I have learned that at VA -- NOW, pretty much if a patient even raises their voice

right away staff calls security to that section. I witnessed a vet being taken down at Bay Pines, security personel is what ESCALLATED the entire situation, then as 3 or 4 of them were brutally taking the vet down - another security VA cop

was just plastering the entire area with his friggin pepper spray. I was subpoeaned to testify and VA knew from the interview with me I would be providing testimony

in a positive light for the veterans defense -- for some unknown reason everything was dropped. Good luck with this situation.

carlie

Today I went to the VAMC and asked to speak to the Chief. The Chief was sick and I spoke with the LT who is acting Chief.

Told him I came to see if they were investigating my complaint? And if I could get a copy of my report, and why know police responded when the chaplain said I wanted to speak with the senior officer on duty. He asked my name. He said there was no investigation the VA is not pursuing charges, and I replied thats because I didnt do any damage, just made allot of noise and I am the one who wants the case investigated. He said for what, and I said the doctor assaulted me and he asked how I said simple assault.

Note Michigan law

M Civ JI 115.01 Assault—Definition

An assault is any intentional, unlawful threat or offer to do bodily injury to another by force, under circumstances which create a well-founded fear of imminent peril, coupled with the apparent present ability to carry out the act if not prevented. NO CONTACT IS REQUIRED The doctor (he apparentlly didnt tell the police) said I threatened him when I yelled at him in the hallway

M Civ JI 115.02 Battery—Definition A battery is the willful or intentional touching of a person against that person’s will [by another / by an object or substance put in motion by another person.

If you read my statement in the beggining you will remember the doc L threatened me sayin I assaulted him when I yelled at him that I was not gonna talk to him if he was screaming at me, well sorry doc but mich law M Civ JI 115.07 Words alone, no matter how insulting, do not justify an assault or battery against the person who utters the words.

As to getting a copy of the police report he said words to the effect of

“no not now”

“Now that I know I have a investigation to do”

NOTE: NO INVESTIGATION STARTED ON ME BEING ASSAULTED

I said I wanted witnesses interviewed before they were discharged and statements from witnesses, which included the police officers and the doctors. He told me don’t tell me how to do my job, told him if I offended him I am sorry, I didn’t mean to, that I was a retired police officer and I wanted a proper investigation done. I said I told him after much talk if I didn’t feel they did a proper investigation I would ask the VA OIG to do it.

Edited by FLHRCI (see edit history)

remember I posted a link to the montell show if yoiu think you got a story to tell montel about veterans care send him the form, its limited to 2000 characters I beleive and when you try and tell a story about something those characters go real fast And if you dont know he was a Naval Officer, he has MS, I dont know if its service connected, one of my guys used to workout with him at the Norfolk Gym (as I recall)

And if you send him a email remember you are representing

american veterans so please act accordingly

MONTEL MILITARY BIO

Mr. Williams began his professional career in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1974 when he enlisted in his hometown of Baltimore after graduating high school. After six months, he was meritoriously promoted twice, and in 1975, became the first black Marine selected

to the Naval Academy Prep School who then went on to graduate from the Naval Academy.

Upon graduation from Prep School, Mr. Williams received a presidential appointment to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., where he studied Mandarin Chinese, and graduated with a degree in General Engineering and a minor in International Security Affairs. He was then selected as special duty intelligence officer, specializing in cryptology.

Honorably decorated, Mr. Williams has received numerous awards and distinctions throughout his naval career, including the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, two Navy Expeditionary Medals, two Humanitarian Service Medals, a Navy Achievement Medal, two Navy Commendation Medals and two Meritorious Service Awards - the latter of which is rarely awarded twice.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

The VA will gather witnesses that will make statements against you. This is what they did to some poor guy at the local VA who was beaten by police. They will not investigate themselves.

" The VA OIG sent me a letter telling me they are doing a investigation on the complaint that I submitted on the nurse who failed to find my heart disease when she did my heart exam."

Jim-if this medical error caused you more disability than you had-and it happened within the last two years-which I think it did- you can sue them and file a Section 1151 claim against them too.

Anger is one thing but action is a better way to channel your anger.

My FTCA suit was similiar to this in a way- I had evidence, from the VA medical records ,that numerous cardiologists knew that my husband had heart disease- based on EKGs, ECHO , etc-yet did nothing about it.One cardiologist told me there was nothing wrong with Rod's heart right after an extensive heart work up that revealed significant disability from untreated CAD. You can imagine when he suddenly dropped dead due to heart disease, I was shocked and an autopsy revealed the extent of all of his disabilties that they had not diagnosed properly.

It took me quite some time to study cardiology as a layperson and to figure out all of the symbols, reports, and hand written entries. I had no IMO doctor. But I succeed based on the FTCA charges I had made.

If your medical records reveal malpractice and you suffered additional disability due to these errors, you can sue them under FTCA and/or file Sec 1151 too.

I will attach the SF 95 form which stops the statute of limits,when Regional COunsel gets it.

I suggest -to anyone who might have additional probelms due to VA malpractice or medical error- to get a good IMO. Otherwise you will spend a lot of time studying medicine and have to get up to the level of VA Central Office medical team in order to succeed.

On the charges,on the SF 95, I put what my husband had put on his Sec 1151 claim prior to his death and stated that the veteran's VA medical care was not consistent with known medical practices in the standard medical community, and all of these medical errors and negligence had caused his untimely death.I re-opened his Sec 1151 claim too.

The Sec 1151 award letter said just about the same thing after they investigated the claim.

I had no contact with the IG at all.Never gave that a thought at the time.

SF_95.pdf

Jim

The VA will gather witnesses that will make statements against you. This is what they did to some poor guy at the local VA who was beaten by police. They will not investigate themselves.

I dont think so, every patient on the floor said I did nothing but make noise, there was no damage. The police LT told me there was no investigation against me.

I wrote a letter and complained of malpractice and sent it to the VA Hotline. The VA OIG sent me a letter telling me they are doing a investigation on the complaint that I submitted on the nurse who failed to find my heart disease when she did my heart exam.

Once the proper investigation is done I am filing a complaint against said doctor with the AMA.

I saw said doctor yesterday twice while at the hospital, he didnt say shit to me and I didnt say shit to him.

I also filed a compaint with hospital administration against said doctor for assault.

when I was admitted they took my glasses away from me (standard practice they tell me for suicidal patients) then they had me sign all these forms I could not read. Later while talking to the patient advocate for the nuthouse I asked if I could see the forms I signed he said no, gave me the ROI speel and told me after discharge...................................

Jim, Berta, It is kind of Ironic that the VA failed to also diagnose my heart disease as well as Peter's.

It makes me think about a claim.

Keep us posted as to the findings of the investigation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

I talked to an old friend from Vietnam last night. The VA failed to diagnose his congestive heart failure for months. Now he is so weak he could hardly speak to me on the phone last night. He lives in Idaho. I told him to get well and then file for malpractice. His primary care doctor dismissed his heart disease as just symptoms of DMII and not to worry about it. So he finally arrives at the ER and is almost dead. If his heart is enlarged to twice the normal size is this a very bad sign. The VA missed this on xrays.

He should sue them!

I wonder just how often this type of medical error occurs.