VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20% Disabled Id Card?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,

I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but there just doesn't seem to be one out there so I will ask here.

How do I get some kind of ID card proving 20% disability? Everytime I try to use a veterans discount for something they ask for an ID card. I am talking about trivial things of course like discounts at Lowe's for instance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use to just show my VAMC ID Card until I got my 100%rating then I got a military ID Card.

not sure your eligible at 20%??...I think you have to be 100% but you could call the 1-800 and ask.

you maybe able to get an ID Card made?

...........................Buck

I think Lowes and a few places have discounts sometimes for vets.

I think all my daughter needed to show was her military id too...????

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes you don't have to show them ID card just let them know your a veteran....some will ask some will not!

from my experience anyway!

..................Buck

Kim rider,

Lowes and Home Depot policies are a little confusing, even to their employees. According to Lowes website, you have to show your VA identification card (VIC) to receive the 10% discount anytime and veterans without the VIC can only receive the discount on Memorial Day, Veterans Day and the 4th of July. However, I went to purchase a bathroom vanity at Lowes last week and they would not give me the discount until I showed them my DOD identification. They would not give the discount with the VIC.

GP

Kim rider,

Lowes and Home Depot policies are a little confusing, even to their employees. According to Lowes website, you have to show your VA identification card (VIC) to receive the 10% discount anytime and veterans without the VIC can only receive the discount on Memorial Day, Veterans Day and the 4th of July. However, I went to purchase a bathroom vanity at Lowes last week and they would not give me the discount until I showed them my DOD identification. They would not give the discount with the VIC.

GP

GP is correct. The key is that vets and retirees are treated differently by Lowe's. I am retiree, and also have the VA id card. If you are vet and no id card, then get discounts same as what GP stated. I have friends that are vets, but no id card and this upsets them as well!

• HadIt.com Elder

It must be different in different parts of the country here in Dallas Tex & suburbs some won't ask for military ID and some will, I have a DOD ID Card but I have used my VAMC Card too, I think a lot of it depends on the checkers.

Home Depot is the worst tho.

Just say your a veteran & would like to use your military veteran preference for the 10%discount.

That's all I do ....some ask for the ID some don't.

...............Buck