VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requested Documents Past Due On Ebenefits

Rate this question

glider222

Question

Hi all,

Last month I posted about getting a call from the local va office from an employee who is working on my claim. Well it is not a claim, this started because I returned the 4140 stating I made 325.00 last year. I am 90%, tdiu, P&t since 2001.

When the VA employee called he asked me if I had my mil med records (I do). He told me he was working my 4140 saying it raised a red flag. He also commented that I look well quAlified....

I asked him what he needed more records for because they should have all the info that was used to grant my awards. He wanted me to box up my records and send them to Georgia to be scanned. I was advised not to send them as I have not received anything in writing.

What should I do? Why would he want all my past mil med records?

Edited by glider222

5 answers to this question

Navy,

I never received a written request so I was told by 2 competent vet advocates not to do anything. Just wait til

I hear something......... Do not know what to do

Glider222

All I can say is you are your own best advocate and no one else...I would submit everything I have even if I think it's been submitted. It can't hurt....

I was also saying that even if you submit documents, Ebennies will put the "boiler plate" saying that the documents are past due...

I agree with you both, one don't send anything until it is in writing, and 2 that dang Ebenefits is always out of wack, and not official. Good luck and keep us posted