VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Win Appeal In Less Than 2 Years?

Rate this topic

BEVB

Folks:

Ny guess is that once the claims backlog goes down, that there will be a "big push" to get appeals resolved quicker as well. Anything that is done, now affects everything down stream. I'd like to see them (BVA) set up National Video Conference Reviews, with a waiver process that puts the process back into the Vets hands....so..if a Vet wants to forgoe a lot of the formalities and expedite the process....like national type DRO's ..that they can elect do so.....kinda like a BVA "peoples court"...where things get done quickly....with limited formaility...I'm sure a lot of vets will go for this....

Edited by rootbeer22

The waiting game.........

My buddy filed a NOD (de novo review) in August 2013.

He is still pending a decision.

• 3 months later...

BEVB, I don't know if you are within driving distance if your RO, but keep in mind you can always walk in to the Regional Office and talk to yhem about your claims.  I walked into my RO to talk to them in regards to my BVA Appeal, about 9 months after it was certified to the Board, and they scheduled my video hearing on the spot.  Bear in mind that at that point i had already waited almost five years, but going in person can't hurt....it pays to be proactive.  I wish you luck and hope this helps.

Also, if you do decide to go, bring ALL of your evidence with you, once again, good luck to you.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use