VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims--- Increased And Denied

Rate this topic

demeat

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on in awhile but I have been I have always looked and seen all of the wonderful information that has been offered on here. The most recent information was for me to contact Ms. Allison Hickey and Robert McDonald, concerning how long my claims have been pending. I contacted them on Tuesday morning and I got a call yesterday from the regional Va and was told that have granted me an increase for my feet and denied me for my depression and sleep apnea.

I have been increased for my flat feet condition for 10% to 30%, denied for depression and sleep apnea, which has brought me up from 50% to 60%. I was told that I would get a backpay for about a year which I am happy and grateful for. I wasn't sure why it was for a year because I had sent a request for a reconsideration back in 2013 right after I was granted disability for my feet condition. Back in 2013, when I was granted the rating and was back paid from 2002 to 2013 and as soon as I received the rating the DAV advised me to file a reconsideration due to the low rating so I did. Moving forward, when I spoke the va rep yesterday they told me of the increase but I was unclear on why I was only getting backpay from 7/14 instead of when I filed the reconsideration or from the time of when I was first granted.

Please give me some advice, much appreciated ?.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob McDonald is the VA secretary and Allison Hickey is an under secretary under Bob.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

demeat

A reopen claim keeps your claim going, reconsideration I'm not to sure?

Appeal the decision on the EED& the decision on Sleep Apnea & ask that depression is secondary to Sleep Apnea.

attach new and material medical evidence in your favor!

Seems they owe you the difference in the increase.

and full pay from the 2013 decision.

jmo

others can chime in. berta /asknod carlie, jbasser, phillip rogers, broncovet, georgiapapa, Gastone,Free_Spirit are very sharp with VA

They all have great Advice.

Hang in there Buddy!

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

demeat,

I have recently been made aware that the VA denies 85% of all claims as a matter of their SOP. So, keep your chin up and keep plugging away. All those folks listed by Buck are worth more than double their weight in gold! You will find all the help you need between God and the Vets here on Hadit.

Semper Fi,

Andy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use