VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims--- Increased And Denied

Rate this topic

demeat

If you have received your RO decision, then you could post the "reasons and bases" portion they used to arrive at the effective date. The R and B is important.

Your effective date will be the later of the date you applied or the date the doc said you were disabled. Look over your cfile. What date was the first date you were diagnosed? Is that the same as what the VA said in the decision?

You need to order a copy of your cfile if you have not already. Dont trust your memory. The VA will rate you on what the doc says in the records, not what you think the doc said. Those are not always the same.

Hey everyone, thanks for the information I am going to have to look into finding out what my effective date is.. I am not sure because I haven't received any paperwork back yet. It is sad but the this happened so fast due to an email I sent, thanks to you guys to mrs. hickey .......m I don't know why the VA has to drag theirs butts for so long with claims and appealsn.

• HadIt.com Elder

"I don't know why the VA has to drag theirs butts for so long with claims and appeals."

Because they have done so for decades?

Because it adds to the "we need more warm bodies" argument, thus increasing the bureaucratic fiefdom?

(More peons, more bosses, more budget!)

Demeat, how exactly was flat feet granted?

I had it listed on my entrance exam (mild pes planus).

Any information is welcomed.

It could be that the effective date coincides with the date of the compensation and pension exam (C&P) you received for your feet, if in fact you had one. If you did, compare the dates, and if they are the same, file a Notice of Disagreement based on the fact that the VA should have retro'd the decision back to either your original date of claim in 2002 or, if staged ratings were involved, 2013. Would need to see a timeline to be more exact. They often do this, wait a long time to schedule an exam, conduct the exam, then make the effective date the date of the exam, not the date of the claim.

Are you OK with the rest of it, or do you plan to appeal?

Edited by lotzaspotz

Andyman 73 comments <<<<<<<<<<I have recently been made aware that the VA denies 85% of all claims as a matter of their SOP.>>>>>>>

Yes, indeed. VA does only grant between 12-15% of claims and there is a very simple reason for that. Most folks try to do it themselves with no knowledge of what they are about or go to a VSO. VSOs do not develop your claim to its optimum. They merely stamp it and file it after they get the $250 POA signature. If you need an IMO/IME/nexus letter, you're on your own. They won't even bother to tell you it is needed. Therein lies the 15% conundrum. I can probably say with a certain degree of probability that the Vets who come to Theresa's Hadit University and the College of asknod win far more frequently and win much higher ratings versus the traditional route. I lost count personally over at my place after about 250 wins. Virtually all were TDIU or 100% schedular- but then Agent Orange and Hep C are not in the same league as hemorrhoids or tinnitus. Vets who come to my site, for the most part, are dying. Those diseases tend to kill you and more often than not do. Sadly, a few of the guys I've helped win in the 200% plus range keeled over within a year. It doesn't help to file late in life when the disease has almost made you terminal. Take a page from Chicago voting protocols. File early in life... and often.

Winning your claim is like a game of chess. You have to be able to see the big picture in advance. You have to have a strategy. And most of all, you have to have the ammo (evidence). Unless you're a combat Vet, VA is never just going to take your word that what you say happened is the truth. This site is invaluable for teaching you but it is still a do it yourself project.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you and here's hoping to see the success topic overflow with good news this year.

Alex sends

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use