VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims--- Increased And Denied

Rate this topic

demeat

Demeat, how exactly was flat feet granted?

I had it listed on my entrance exam (mild pes planus).

Any information is welcomed.

Status of Your Claim

COMPLETE

Submitted: 01/20/2015 (Compensation)

Claim Closed: 05/21/2015

Disabilities Claimed: arthritis (Secondary), Sleep apnea syndromes (New), left knee condition (New), bilateral pes planus with plantar fasciitis (Increase), Depression (New)

Representative for VA Claims: DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS

Current Status: Complete

It could be that the effective date coincides with the date of the compensation and pension exam (C&P) you received for your feet, if in fact you had one. If you did, compare the dates, and if they are the same, file a Notice of Disagreement based on the fact that the VA should have retro'd the decision back to either your original date of claim in 2002 or, if staged ratings were involved, 2013. Would need to see a timeline to be more exact. They often do this, wait a long time to schedule an exam, conduct the exam, then make the effective date the date of the exam, not the date of the claim.

Are you OK with the rest of it, or do you plan to appeal?

Yes I am planning on appealing. I have had insomnia since 2000, but for some reason I keep letting them know and they keep grouping it under sleep apnea. I have applead it and reopened it. I have been on sleep med from the VA since 2007 so I am puzzled why I am having such a hard time with the claim.

demeat,

You havin a hard time with the claim, cuz that's how they roll! They drive the denial train!!! I've been dealing with sleep issues since the early years of my enlistment, as well. My civilian Dr diagnosed my SA in Jan '14. So, now I have to get a MH claim together, so I can pin the SA to the MH.

Keep fighting, don't give them an inch!

Semper Fi,

Andy

Medical Evidence is the key...................

Support the claim with undeniable medical information.

So true, I am waiting for my C-file, so I can call in Arty to put some heat down range!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use