VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Hearing In 8 Days, Uggggggg

Rate this question

lcplcookba1

Question

I have been waiting for 2 1/2 years, The VA Granted me TDIU in Feb. 80% SC. I'm a nervous wreck, can't sleep, can't stay awake. How much does the VA's decision help. I wasn't ever able to get an IMO because I was off work, Drs not taking new patients. I just plain scared. $1700 extra a month would help get me out of the enormous debt I have incurred. I've watched all the youtube Vids on the subject but not much on regarding Vets and their experiences. Maybe some words of comfort might help, LoL Thanks Honorable friends,

Sincerely,

Bruce

I just went through the same process, the VA letter stating that I was TDUI, they just looked at it and it had a huge bearing on their decision, they didn't even ask any questions other than when was I granted the TDUI. Since I hadn't worked since 11/14 and started VA claim 8/24/14. Well because I had been out of work since Nov 2013, they back paid me from then (minus the whole 6 month waiting period) So really the only questions they will have is when you stopped working and why. If you just plainly state that it was due to blah, blah, and military sees me as TDUI and you stopped working blah blah blah. Like I said, the TDUI wins you the case, the judge decides the back pay.

I just went through the same process, the VA letter stating that I was TDUI, they just looked at it and it had a huge bearing on their decision, they didn't even ask any questions other than when was I granted the TDUI. Since I hadn't worked since 11/14 and started VA claim 8/24/14. Well because I had been out of work since Nov 2013, they back paid me from then (minus the whole 6 month waiting period) So really the only questions they will have is when you stopped working and why. If you just plainly state that it was due to blah, blah, and military sees me as TDUI and you stopped working blah blah blah. Like I said, the TDUI wins you the case, the judge decides the back pay.

Thanks for this input. What state are you in. Did you go in front of an ALJ?

I haven't been able to worked since 12/6/2012 but because I was in a union I was laid off(a one man layoff) for lack of work. The tryth is I was fired for sitting down trying to get some pain relief. So I collected Unemployment while my application for SSDI festered in the system Thats another reason why I'm a bit worried. I have custody of three kids, I had to do something to feed them so I dont make apologise fot that. Binder is handling the case for me, I think I made a mistake going with them but hindsight is always 20/20

Edited by lcplcookba1

No I didn't go in front of a judge. I live in TN. I know in TN if you collect Unemployment that means that you have to be actively seeking work. However, you could argue that you can't get a job do your condition. Keep us posted on how it goes. When if you ALJ?