VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Hearing In 8 Days, Uggggggg

Rate this question

lcplcookba1

Question

I have been waiting for 2 1/2 years, The VA Granted me TDIU in Feb. 80% SC. I'm a nervous wreck, can't sleep, can't stay awake. How much does the VA's decision help. I wasn't ever able to get an IMO because I was off work, Drs not taking new patients. I just plain scared. $1700 extra a month would help get me out of the enormous debt I have incurred. I've watched all the youtube Vids on the subject but not much on regarding Vets and their experiences. Maybe some words of comfort might help, LoL Thanks Honorable friends,

Sincerely,

Bruce

well it's been 4 weeks. While my case was in appeal, my SS online account didn't have any info regarding dollar amounts under retirement age or death benefits for my kids under 18.. Just said case info isn't available at this time, NOW The info on my amounts and amounts I will receive at retirement age is all available again. It still says I'm not receiving any SS benefits at this time. But Something has changed with my file. Still no mail from SSA yet. Has anyone noted this change or have an Idea what might be going on, thanks!!

lcplcookba1

When you went to your hearing did your LJ give you a hint as to what they will decide? What did your attorney say after the hearing?

no he was a new ALJ only 23 cases the month before my case was heard. At he end he asked me if I had anything else and I just told him the nuts and bolts of how my disabilities have impacted my life, and how I can't find joy in anything, even my kids. It was a little emotional and before he closed the record, he thanked me for my honesty and being forth coming. But he was matter of fact, no indication either way.

got the decision today, came back unfavorable. the judge gave little weight to the VA Rating. I'm in the 6th district I thought he was suppose to give substantial weight

i'M SO PISSED!!