VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mst In The Stockade

Rate this question

beanei

Question

I had a MST while in the stockade. My claim was denied because I was not active duty. Does it matter where you are? I have PTSD too. Any help on this topic would be great.

6 answers to this question

Due to an incident with a comanding officer I was put in the stockade. This is where the MST happened. This was back in 1968. I filed a claim with the VA but they denied my claim saying that I was not active duty. I am trying to find imformation from others.

No, I enlisted in 1967. Does being in the stockade consider me as not active? I am trying to find imformation on this and cant find anything. Please help.

The rules have changed recently on MST. If you were active or guard/reserve and the MST was committed by a member of the Military you should qualify. However if you did not report the incident at the time there must be "Markers" to prove the MST occured and that it affected you. I would contact Protect our Defenders or Vet Wow to get more informed.

I know someone who was just denied MST because she lacked credible markers or evidence.