VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Claim Status Completed Something New Added

Rate this question

ogj23

Question

Hi I'm new to this: I put in for depression due to SC conditions. On ebenefits it shows completed and now the part where it said depression due to SC conditions also says individual unemployability (new) and I just wondered what that meant. I didn't put in for IU I am 90% before this claim was put in. Thanks

Hate to post in two places but no reply on other board. Sorry

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sounds like the VA is looking at you for IU purposes. That is good unless you are working and do not want to be 100%. What exactly are you asking bud? I wish I had IU or was granted Permanent. I have a ton of issues, am 100%, yet only temporary.

I'm not working, I just found it odd to see on the completed status of ebenefits IU (new) when I didn't put in for it. Didn't know what it meant. Thanks

I have that happened a few times, including my current claim completed a few weeks ago. On the same day a new Claim was listed as an increase for 2 conditions, when I never filed for that either.

I understand what you are saying but I didn't ask for an increase on anything else. Just the one claim I put in for. Thanks

Looks like they are guessing that you would want to file for IU. Normally you have to file a form to get the ball rolling on this. Do you have a VSO, they maybe able to double check and make sure that you don't have to have the form since ebennies is stating New IU status pending.

No VSO I do have a lawyer but I talked to them yesterday and they didn't put in for it. In Jim's mail bag he said that they are probably looking at IU I'm 90% and what I put in for didn't get me any higher. Thanks