VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Vets Who Increase Above 50 Percent.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Please be aware that when a Vet gets increased to 50 percent , They are usually placed in priority group one. Once the 50 percent plateau has been reached the Vet can do the following:

Apply to the VA to have Pharmacy Co pays refunded to the Veteran back to the effective date.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Today, I received a check from the Federal Treasury, $158. It was about co-pay on VA medications, I think. :D

I haven't received my Initial Rating, yet, and they are refunding my co-pay? Wonder why they are doing this? I am only currently rated as 10% for Tinnitus. In July 2005, I filed for multiple claims and haven't received a rating yet.

Why would they refund my co-pay on VA meds at this point in my claim(s) ? Any ideas, please?

:huh:

B)

jstacy,

Does this include reimbursment of any prescription co-pays even if they aren`t related to your military disability?

Cavman

It goes back to the effective date. Vets at 50 percent pay $0.00 for prescription copays. You should ask for it all back to the effective date.

Guest jangrin

Have you paid any co-pays for SC disabilities? Also, has your income stayed the same or have you filed a new or different income statement? I know when our income changed we were refunded alot on co-pay.

If you haven't done either one of those, maybe they know something about an award that you haven't received notice of yet. :D That would be kool.

Jangrin B)

I paid a co-pay for meds for ptsd from the time I was diagnose un til I filded a claim and was granted 30%. At that time the va paid me back my co-pays back to the date i applied for disability. I appealed the 30% and was granted 50% awhile later. the va then went back and payed me back for non service co -pays They had collected from me for the remainder of the meds I had recieved from them to the date of my original award, which covered over two years. I did have to pester them a little about it but they did pay me back hope this helps.

kkp