VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success On The First Try

Rate this topic

Detel

I have only been on hadit for a couple of months; however, I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of information and sound advice one can find here. My claim was initialized on 5 February 2015, and I had a couple of C&P exams in March. I was mentally prepared for a long and painful experience with the VA. Fortunately and completely unexpectedly my claim recently came to a decision. Last Friday my claim moved from Preparing for Decison to Pending Decision Approval, then on Saturday (apparently the VA does in fact work Saturdays) my claim moved to preparing for Notification. Despite my constant reminders to myself to not get excited and stalk ebenefits, I of course did throughout the remainder of the weekend. On Monday, the 1st of June, my claim moved around midday to Complete. I have been awarded 70% s/c. I am still in shock. Of course I have not received anything (BBE or deposit), so I am still waiting for that to confirm what ebenefits states. I continue to check ebenefits, as was my routine for a few months, every couple hours or so. I feel as though the journey is over, before it began. I am still having trouble accepting it as reality.

With all sincerity I wish to thank all of the members of this site for their service and guidance provided to those in need. I know that the fight is of an unknown duration, but with perseverance and proper guidance I believe that each and every deserving individual will in the end be victorious. I plan on sticking around for a while. I don't know if I lurked enough yet. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. I do look forward to being able to assist any I can. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful community of caring individuals. Again thank you all for everything that you do for your country and others!

V/r
Detel

Edited by Detel

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank You & Congratulations.

Always glad to hear of a WIN....Enjoy

..............Buck

Thank you for the kind words.

Update: I just saw that today there is a pending deposit for retro! I understand that my story is not the norm for most people on this board; however, I believe that it is important to not only fight the uphill battle for a win, but also to stay up-to-date on the latest trends from our "friends". I know that a few people, Rootbeer comes to mind first, have been attempting to track the latest progress and trends of the VA. I hope that my claim is one of many like it and that the VA's new-ish electronic system helps to speed up the process as a whole.

I can post documents, once I receive them. I am unsure if an appeal would be the correct course of action, as I do feel that the VA "low-balled" me. I just don't know if I should consider the timely completion a win at this point.

V/r

Detel

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use