VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success On The First Try

Rate this topic

Detel

Detel,

Congratulations on your quick award. Apparently, you had your ducks in a row.

You are now in priority group one of the VA healthcare system. You can get free VA healthcare for any medical condition (service connected or non-service connected). No copays for VA appointments or VA prescriptions. If you have already paid any VA copays since you initiated your claims last February, you can get reimbursed for those copays through the business office at your VAMC.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

GP

You must have had your ducks in a row (and armed with evidence.)

I think many claims could go this fast,

actually many are going fast, but being incorrectly denied.

Enjoy and by all means appeal the 70% if you are not working, and file a TDIU claim.

ooops forgot......... and apply for SSDI,if you are unemployed

In response to the Berta and Georgiapapa, I think it was more luck of the draw as with most things involving the VA. Although, I did approximately a year before separating begin to fight for appointments to handle certain ailments. Towards the end of my tenure, I had to insist multiple times for some paperwork/results to be uploaded into my medical records, as I was referred off-base. Lastly, I only claimed what I thought was backed by my medical records. I didn't claim a couple items, more so out of embarrassment, but also because I fell victim to the thought process of thinking I was claiming too much/taking away from others. I just don't know that they are worth my time at this stage. Only a single item was found to be not service-connected. I will add a signature block with my current ratings, if that is still the norm/desire on here.

V/r

Detel

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use