VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Questions

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

I feel kind of weird to just contact a doctor and say examine me and fill this out....

Do i got in for a exam and then contact them after with the DBQ?

In the DBQ it says things like have you reviewed the Veterans file, what do i bring to them? For the podiatrist I was going to bring my initial entrance exam to show no indication of flat feet and neurologist i was going to bring headache diary as well as as evidence from my file of my exposure to explosions as well as PTSD info.

Also Do i just hand them a paper from earlier posts noting that the VA wants to hear words like "more likely than not" etc?

I am sure there may be others but the only condition that comes to mind as secondary to hearing loss and/or tinnitus is depression.

GP

I am sure there may be others but the only condition that comes to mind as secondary to hearing loss and/or tinnitus is depression.

GP

I just read a Court of Veterans Appeals case, and have since spent the last few hours trying to find it of no avail.

However the veteran claimed sleep disorder (lack of sleep and its effects) on his tinnitus, however the VA denied this saying it was probably related to depression or something else, however the court upheld the veteran given his amount of evidence that regardless of the va not recognizing "sleep disorder" as real disorder/malady the effects of the sleep loss were real and since no discernible proof could be made to show it was due to either ptsd or the tinnitus the benefit of the doubt was given to the vet.

if i come across it again i will post it

Good luck on getting a New non VA Dr to complete a DBQ, you really don't need a DBQ from him/her, you need their Medical Opinion regarding the possibility that you Claimed condition is "At Least or More Likely than Not" caused either by your Active Duty Service or Secondary to a SC condition.

My non VA Sleep Neurologist put in his clinician notes that my DX'd SA was "More Likely than Not" Secondary to one of my VA SC conditions. That clinician note was referenced as the Medical Evidence used in granting my SA SC. Each time I went in to see my Sleep Dr, I always got a copy of his updated Clinician Notes. From the 1st visit, he indicated a Nexus to my SC condition. He had never reviewed my C-File but we had discussed Nam & USMC at great length. I also told him I was claiming SA as Secondary to a SC and he agreed that it was highly probable, hence the "More Likely than Not."

Semper Fi

Gastone

ime.net was not working on google search

My service connected hearing loss and major tinnitus aggravate my problems of anxiety, aggravate his problems of depression and paranoia. tinnitus aggravates problems of sleep disorders since the ringing keep him from getting to bed in a timely manner then staying asleep comes on a off due to the ears ringing. taking ambien aggravates my sleep apnea from taking ambien i to try and sleep erratically and then my depression and further weight gain from taking anti-depressants further aggravates my inactivity/weight gain and therefore aggravates my sleep apnea issues further. my service connected hearing loss and major tinnitus aggravates problems of dizziness and vertigo. tinnitus aggravates my problems of headaches. my service connected hearing loss and major tinnitus aggravate my problems to include major depression anxiety and paranoia and sleep disorders which also cause me to have erratic sleep schedules and all these factors combined interfere with my ability to get and keep substantial gainful employment. tinnitus is aggravating my sleep time and keeping me awake at times much longer than i should be up so when i get up during the next day it's usually too late to go to a job well rested and keep substantial gainful employment.
aggravated hypertension? per veterans corner the VA has been approving some claims where the veteran was service connected for hearing loss with rational being that hypertension can be caused by these conditions...
back at the end of 2010 one of the factors that i lost my job at the postal service was due to sleeping on the job on and off due to lack of rest and being sleepy during my shift. in 2012 i tried a part-time temp job job as a shipping clerk at a oil/gas valve company for about 5-6 months and i was sleeping on the job on and off plus i was getting such a lack of sleep i wasn't getting up in time to bathe before i went to the job so they fired me for sleepiness and hygiene i think but they just told the staffing agency i was no longer needed. the va sent me to a sleep study again i think in 2012 or 2-013 and i flunked the test so i was put on a cpap. the cpap slightly helps on and off but my tinnitus keeps me awake so till my tinnitus subsides i cannot even think of putting the cpap on to try and rest...

dauzzo,

Try www.imenet.com

Sorry I did not give you the correct info the first time.

GP

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use