VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Commissary Privileges With Bcd And 100% Rating

Hey everybody. I have a 100% disability rating and I understand that this rating normally entitles the vet to an id card for the commissary, bx, etc. However, my last enlistment ended in a bcd from a court martial. I had 3 good enlistments prior to that one. I'm not proud of this fact, but I would like to know if we are still entitled to get id cards for the commissary.

Thank you all.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Thank you pr and pete. I am still a little confused though. The link that pete provided pretty much says no, right? Unless the id card people consider multiple enlistments like the VA does. Its not a necessity for us, but the wife asked about it because we are close to a commissary again.

Thank you all for not judging me for the bcd. Long story short, all of my docs, military and civilian said that my problems were due to PTSD. Unfortunately, the military wasn't trying to hear any of that so bcd it was.

Thanks again.

COMMISSARY AND EXCHANGE PRIVILEGES

Honorably discharged veterans with 100 percent service-connected disability, and their dependents and unremarried surviving spouses, are entitled to unlimited exchange and commissary store privileges. Certification of total disability and DD Form 1172, Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card - DEERS Enrollment, will be provided by VA. You may contact the nearest VA regional office for assistance.

Since you have a VA rating of 100% you qualify for the privileges. If you have ebenefit you can go to the document letter page and print a VA letter.

The ID card is called a MWR Card or a DD Form 2765.

http://www.cac.mil/