VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibroids (On Active Duty) And Hysterectomy (Post-Service)

Rate this question

Mustang86

Question

Hello, both pregnancies occurred on active duty and during both I had fibroid tumors. The tumors reduced in size and didn't pose a problem immediately post delivery but created problems later that was not correlated at the time with fibroids. Post separation, i submitted a claim for the fibroid tumors and it was denied in April 2014 because of lack of documentation. I did not submit an appeal due to a busy life with new job and family. Approximately nine months ago, Sept 2014, I started having symptoms of what I thought were early menopause (unpredictable and long menstrual periods, and with lots of pain). I didn't do anything about it for months, thinking it would settle down during the menopause process. Finally, I had enough, went to a GYN who did an ultrasound and explained that the fibroids were back. As a result of the discomfort and constant blood loss, I decided to have a hysterectomy. I am working on submitting both the fibroids and hysterectomy for VA disability and wanted to tap your expertise on what you think may happen. Thanks All!

Hola! Tbird, yes indeed! Vync and yourself, have given me ammunition to "lock and load" my claims. The link that you provided, in reference to the BVA Appeals, has numerous cases of pertinent information that I surely will take heed to. I've started reading some and to my surprise, am very impressed. I actually, can almost mimic certain guidelines that will help, as well! Now, to continue research the information and compare my records should be positive. I know it will be an uphill battle, but I'm prepared to experience it all over, once again...as I did, when my unit use to climb those mountains in Korea with a 100lbs rucksack on our backs...lol. Anyway, thank you both for your diligence in offering some insight to get me started. I really appreciate you both for that and I will continue to update this forum, as I'm showered with results.

Hooraaaaa!!!