VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Success

Rate this topic

Slick

VBA Claim Completed in 89 days!!!!

80% SC

Submitted 3/11/2015

Completed 6/10/2015

This site has be SOOOO encouraging throughout this process, even thought my FDC claim went extremely quickly, compared to some of stories I have read. I am so thankful for the people who put their success stories and disappointments. There is a NEVER SAY NEVER vibe that i get everytime I enter this site. It truly humbles me!!!! HADIT to had me my first search!!!!

Thank you all,

FreddieMays

SSgt USMC, Ret.

Yippee to the T & P too...

The dependents get Chapter 35 (DEA) educational benefits as well as CHAMPVA,depending on age of any children.

I use CHAMPVA and have also used Chap 35 and they are Wonderful benefits for families of 100% P & T vets.

Gee I always seem to think out of the box when I read these posts, and I just realized ...

I could easily claim my husband's 1151 stroke as directly service connected due to his AO DMII and AO IHD.

If they had to then make an award of 100% P & T on that claim, they would have to grant me a better Chapter 35 EED.

As you all know I am fighting aggressively the fact that they are saying the 1151 stroke was Total the entire 2 uears after my husband had it, a contributing factor to his death, and yet all of my medical evidence from the VA and elsewhere says it was Permanent,

but the VA says it wasn't, and refused to read my evidence that it was.

It should not even be an issue. But they used this to deny me addition 16 months of accrued benefits.

They did reverse their 1151 HBP denial very fast about 2 months ago....the HBP was malpracticed on, but still I know Dr. Bash could easily SC that to my husband's other SC disabiltiies..

Death makes 100% disabilities both P & T. This should not even be an issue....but this is a five figure award.....so no wonder they wont read my evidence....

I got Chap 35 and CHAMPVA because of a posthumous P & T 100% PTSC SC award.

Section 1151 100% awards are no different.But do not award Chap 35 and CHAMPVA

You might have some state bennies as well and even a property tax exemption with that award letter.

Edited by Berta

Yippee to the T & P too...

The dependents get Chapter 35 (DEA) educational benefits as well as CHAMPVA,depending on age of any children.

I use CHAMPVA and have also used Chap 35 and they are Wonderful benefits for families of 100% P & T vets.

Youngsters are in their 30's and besides the VA I've got Medicare and Tricare for life.

waiting on the "envelope" to see why they disapproved some items.

While at 100% P&T what are the pro/cons to continue working those that were denied.

Unless there is an overriding benefit I'm kinda of the opinion to leave it as it is, humbly say thank you and not take up anymore of an RO's time that could be used for another vet.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use