VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Home From My Sleep Study, Its 551 Am

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I hope they are going to help. As inconvenient as it may be to sleep with a machine, still worse not to be able to sleep.

My Vet Ctr. Counselor says he has requested a sleep study for me from my VA Dr., but no sign yet.

My first response was that it'd be nice to take a day off work just to go and lay around and try to catch up on sleep.

He laughed. Said it's not so restful.

Maybe you or someone with a little time could fill me in.

I have Ambien now from the VA, and take one whenever I have enough hours to devote. They work pretty good - considering I still don't get a full uninterrupted sleep, I guess my expectations are low!

If mine got bumped another 50% I think that'd give me 100% schedular - GOODBYE POST OFFICE! Well, I can dream - daydream anyway.

Gary

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me a long time to use my CPAP Machine that I got from my Medicare Insurance. Mine has heated air and I use a half cup of distilled water for moisture. I have learned that my macjhine keeps my allergies pretty much in check, I wake up with a pleasant taste in mouth and I sleep much better than I can remember. I also don't snore when I use it which Mrs Pete appreciates.

I also am not restless when I sleep with it. I recommend it highly for anyone who has problems sleeping.

It took me awhile to get used to the straps the C&P doctor told me it usually takes up to a year to fully get used to it. I think im doing pretty well so far with it. I definitely recomend it to anyone who has sleep apnea also. Pete is definitely correct!!!

FLHRCI,

Good deal. I had my sleep study last week and next week I go for my results. I guess any medical condition can cause sleep apnea but I was looking around today and found that "cervical spondylosis" commonly does cause sleep apnea. So is that about where they rate you is 50 percent for sleep apnea?

FLHRCI,

Good deal. I had my sleep study last week and next week I go for my results. I guess any medical condition can cause sleep apnea but I was looking around today and found that "cervical spondylosis" commonly does cause sleep apnea. So is that about where they rate you is 50 percent for sleep apnea?

Need for cpap machine gets you 50%

odd you mention cervical spondylosis because I have that also where did you find that information?

FLHRCI,

I did see that while looking online yesterday. Obviously, I did not book mark it like I was thinking of doing. I will do some research and see what I can find for ya.

I'm hoping I don't have to but I'm sure I will have to wear the CPAP but I will find out on the 15th. How is SSDI with filing for Sleep Apnea?

Need for cpap machine gets you 50%

odd you mention cervical spondylosis because I have that also where did you find that information?