VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In Need Of Some Information - Appeal

Rate this question

vetfromtn45

Question

Just have a quick question. Gulf War Veteran. Awarded only 10% disability in Oct 2013. Appealed with DRO choice in Feb. 2014. Just had my exam for the 3 denied claims in May 2015 (this is about 450 days from when I appealed the decision). I see now where the ebenefits website for appeals status is down until September. Can't get anyone on the phone. Most the time, can't chat with anyone online. Does anyone know the best way to find out a status? Also, does anyone know (since it's been about 450 days) when I might actually get a decision on the 3 denied claims. My claim would be in Nashville, TN

Thanks

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If those C & P exams were done at a VAMC, the Privacy Act or FOIA officer or Records Access officer at the VAMC where they were done could get a copy of them for you,upon written request from you or they might have a short form for you to sign there in person.

Dont request them under FOIA though as that holds the request up.

They are your records so no need to even cite USC 552.

The C & P exam copies might even be found in ebenefits if you have an account with them and you could copy them off.

I am not sure about that though and others will chime in,if they would be at ebenefits site.

The C & P results will give you a good idea of how VA will decide and rate your claim.

You could try IRIS for a status of your claims.but I dont know if there even would be an actual claims status, with those C & Ps being so recent.

If the exams confirm your inservice nexus ( PTSD claims need verified stressors if you dont fall into the 2010 PTSD regs)

you can go to the VA Schedule of Ratings here and find your disabilities and how they should rate them.

It is impossible these days to determine how long a decision will take.

IRIS is the VA automated response system at Contact Us and Ask a Question at www.va.gov

The 1-800-827-1000 might help but we call that number Peggy ,for good reason.